Monday, March 19, 2012

The Maker's Diet meets Pampered Chef...


I should be writing my paper for grad school right now...it’s about motivation in the classroom.  But in Life,  we are supposed to do what motivates us right? And writing a paper for school is NOT motivating to me, so I'm writing you instead :) What motivates me right now is my health, this cleansing diet, the act of helping another, and what motivation plays into my life.  I believe that I am a motivated person when I really want something and set my mind to it.  My motivation lately in this Life is to remain in remission and my passion is to make that happen. This diet has been energizing and uplifting for me.  I used to be such a pessimist, but as I read in a fitness magazine this week 'Pessimist tend to view events as beyond their control, so remind yourself who's boss the next time your nervous about a goal you set or a deadline.  Success is in your power; all it takes is disciplined steps towards your goal.'  I've challenged myself, disciplined myself, pushed myself, and have seen my potential, endurance, and inner strength.  I am strong- now mentally AND physically (I can see muscles!  Along with this diet, I have been working out at the Y and I am seriously in the best shape of my life! I have been having less headaches and stomach aches and so much more energy...It's really unbelievable until you try it!).  You have no idea how much this diet means to me.  Not only has it made me healthier, it has helped draw me even closer to God in many ways I just can't put into words yet.  He heals, He answers, He is God...and I am thankful.  Now, I'm not going to become a crazy health nut after this 40 day cleanse (by the way, I'm HALF WAY DONE ALREADY!), but this diet has shown me a new way of life.  A new positive step into my future for a healthy me, husband, and family.  What I eat now, when I'm pregnant, and when I'm raising a family is so important to their own health.  If I can pass on good health to my children, maybe their risk of getting cancer will decrease...as well as my own coming back.

So this past weekend, The Maker's Diet and Pampered Chef had a duel!  I hosted a party for my sister in law Beth.  She became a Pampered Chef consultant to help with the Operation Baby Groman adoption funds, so when she asked if I'd host a show, I said OF COURSE!  She is such a blessing in my life and she loves to cook, so this was a perfect fit!  I love my own Pampered Chef products (my moma got me started when she was a consultant!) and I'm not much of a 'party host-er', but this was such a success thanks to many people whom I love dearly and would help out in a second if they ever asked.  THANK YOU ALL who put in an order...please know that you are apart of something so much bigger than that awesome Salad and Berry Spinner we all saw - you are helping a great family become an even bigger great family!  Also, with this Maker's Diet cleanse, I have been shown some really neat recipes that I want to continue making after the 40 days is up...so I finally have a new recipe book that will be filled with all my favorite recipes I try!  I love new adventures!! Cooking nutritiously may just be the next one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment