Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm a Warrior Chick...who just completed the Warrior Dash!


Remember how during cancer I was a Warrior Chick?? Well, now I completed the Warrior Dash...and it was an absolute blast! Ask me a year ago and I probably would not have said that.  But since I have been on this healthy eating/work out kick, I have had more energy and strength than I have ever had in my entire life! So why NOT do the Warrior Dash with some of the other strongest women/men I know?!  I mean if you are married to a firefighter, you have to be pretty tough yourself, right? So that's what we did.  Andrew and some of the other firefighters did the Tough Mudder (a 13 mile course where you run through mud and other insanely ridiculous obstacles) in April, so some of us wives did the Warrior Dash (with the great accompaniment of our handsome firefighter husbands too :).  Warrior dash is a 3.5 mile course that has lots of different obstacles, like climbing up walls, crawling under barbed wire, running through fire, and army crawling through mud, just to name a few.  It was a test of strength and mental toughness and we had an absolute blast doing this as a group.  The weather was great, the mud was gross, and I even have some warrior wounds from going through the creek and sliding off a rock.  Nothing too major though dad. ;) But I tell you what, after all of my health crap this past year...it was powerful to overcome something like this.  I had some family members in a tizzy for sure, but I didn't care.  You live once, and now I have a memory (bib tag and medal too!) to look back on and see how much I have over come. Despite my fear of getting cancer and my neck and spine getting worse as I age, I won't let that get in my way of Living. You can not let limitations stand in your way.  You have to work to fight through them and keep going.  Maybe one day I will be in my wheelchair, but until then, at least I can say I had fun in the mean time!  You know this whole blog has been about a Pursuit...I'm finally living the Life that I was always meant to live.  And I couldn't be happier to take risks, succeed or fail, and then keep on pursuing...to God be the glory for this life after cancer.
“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 4:20
My partner in Life and I before the Dash

These five ladies are a force to be reckoned with!

After the Warrior Dash, a bit dirty :)

Another one of us after the race

The ladies and the gents'

**WE HAVE SOME MORE PICTURES COMING NEXT WEEK OF THE US RUNNING THROUGH THE COURSES...I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I POST THEM...THEY SHOULD BE GREAT!**




No comments:

Post a Comment