Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2011 Christmas Card Poem!

I know this is a week late, but my picture is why :) If you remember, I used a picture from the internet of Rockefeller Center last year on my blog as the Christmas picture.  Well, here's my picture this year...only I took it :) Stay tuned for more pictures of my adventure to New York City!



2011 Wrap Up Poem!

The year started out, with radiation everyday.
It got old pretty fast, but I knew it would go away.
I drank my Ensure, cause that’s all that went down.
And put on my lotion, until the last round.

It was all over soon, and I waited for THE word.
But only ‘disease free’, that was all that I heard.
I stayed busy until then, with work and my health.
A flooded basement nightmare, a new necklace for myself.

My port came out in March, and it was good for a day.
But nerve pain set me back, in the worst kind of pain.
After doctors and scans, I was ready to be done.
But back to my neurologist in Columbus I went, who said I was a ‘rare one’.

A surprise party in May, made my celebration of Life complete.
I finally heard Remission…it’s cancer I beat!
With hair growing back, back to Iowa I went,
Remembering my diagnosis, what a time that meant.

Summer started with Relay for Life, an event I’ll never forget.
Dedicated to ‘the club’, it’s something I’ll never regret!
I then went to Marblehead, with a broken leg too.
And then off to Texas, my Pursuit isn’t through…

My summer not over, a new motorcycle was bought!
Some camping, some boating, more lessons were taught.
And then a final trip, to New England none the less.
A road trip that ended, with a New York trip for Christmas!

My fall was awesome, a hot air balloon ride and all.
I even RAN a 5K, something to me that wasn’t so small.
We had a Halloween party, with the family all there
And a Thanksgiving with games, a special prayer unshared.

Andrew stayed busy too, with the fire department and crew.
He hunted and fished, and took care of me too.
He installed all new white doors and the whole house with white trim,
When Yuengling hit Ohio, his face had a grin. :)

My year has flown by, and I mean that for sure.
I’m still in remission, awaiting THE cure.
But as I wait, and my bucket list gets smaller
I give thanks to my God, for every day and for each new hour.

This next year my goal, is to live out more dreams
It gives Life more purpose, and fulfillment it seems.
So I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Give your loved ones a hug, and don’t forget to ‘cheers!’


Cheers to 2012 everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Praise God for all the good things you have to cheer about for 2011. May 2012 bring even better things than you have imagined! Love you!

    ReplyDelete