Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Pursuit: The Laura after Cancer update!

Sorry for my lack of blog posts for those of you that are still keeping up with my Pursuit: Laura after Cancer...actually, this whole Laura after Cancer should be changed...it should be Laura in Remission.  I'm not really done with cancer, I'm still getting checked every 4 months and think about it almost daily...but it's better than every 5 minutes like it used to be though!  Maybe after I hear the word 'cured' in 5 years...then I'll be the Laura after Cancer.  I think My Pursuit: Laura in Remission sounds better for right now :) Wow, I just realized how much of a hold the word 'cancer' still has on me...I'm gonna try working on that for 2012.  I think I just hear stories about people who relapse more than staying in remission...those are the stories that make the news ya know?  I don't want to go through my life without any trials, because I learn from them.  However, this time around...I'd certainly like to remain on the survivors team :)  Uugh...on to better topics...that's just depressing!


With my graduate classes and teaching life, I feel like my writing and creative thoughts have been squeezed out to the last drop.  I finished up my VERY FIRST graduate class with an A and that load has been lifted off of me (at least for the next few weeks until next semester).  Also, I am so happy that my hair is growing out to the point where it's not a pixie cut anymore...I'm moving into the longer than short phase...and LOVING it!  The in-between was driving me crazy!  I'm feeling pretty good lately.  I have a feeling my lungs will never be what they used to be, but Andrew says I need to exercise more to keep them in shape.  I haven't been running like I did in the fall, and I can tell.  That 5K was so motivating and I felt so good that I accomplished something.  Same thing with grad school.  It is me who is accomplishing it and it just feels good.
I have been trying this whole frozen meal thing too...and for me its working! For some reason, cooking just doesn't come naturally to me, and I so wish it did because I love to eat and so does my husband! ;)  So I borrowed a book from my mother in law and in one day I made 15 meals in 6 hours and froze them.  It has saved us money and time, and my marriage! ;) My history of cooking was a bit different than Andrew's growing up...Hamburger Helper was really more like Hamburger Savior for us!  I'm way excited to try this again in January when my meals are up...and even have some friends who are joining me this time around!

Let's see, what else is new...oh my GORGEOUS house!  My amazing husband has been working hard making our house the home we dreamed of (at least for this time in our lives...the country is where our hearts are (with my walk in closet too :).  We now have ALL white trim and new white doors in the WHOLE house. This was a TON of sanding and painting, and he even put in new crown moulding in the dining room.  It looks SO nice!  He's now on to remodeling the master bathroom, trimming up some windows (so we can get rid of our 'temporary curtains' that have been up for 2 years!), and then the big remodeling of the basement.  I am so proud of him!
Here is a look at just one room out of the six...  
                                                         
                                                                  Dining room before...

and after!

I have a project that I am putting on the other wall in this dining room...remember my framed art work on my bucket list...well, that is my winter project :)

Christmas break is coming up very soon for me.  It's good because I'm coming home from work drained in every way and I'm ready for a break.  But only for a few days because our trip to New York City is SOOOO right around the corner.  With Christmas this year I am fulfilling another item that I put on my bucket list last year...to see Rockefeller Center at Christmas...I am happier than you can possibly know that this is coming true for little girl who grew up in Lima, Ohio.  I am living my dreams and I am so happy to finally be able to have the courage to DO it!
Once again, I can see God working in my life by stirring up my heart and showing me He hasn't forgotten me by answering prayers.  I feel like something big is going to happen in 2012 and I'm excited to see where Life takes me!  Oh, and I will have my 2011 Christmas Card on here soon too...so be looking because it's a little different this year.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment