Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm a mommy...kinda :)

Meet my babies...I mean birdies ;)

I was a little nervous because 3/4 eggs hatched during the night, but around 7:00 pm, the last one hatched...I can't wait to watch them grow, I love seeing signs of spring besides RAIN!


So God must have heard my maternal desires, because Andrew found this nest in our bushes outside my window and I was filled with so much joy when I saw these 4 little eggs! I've checked in on them every day, and then when I woke up this morning to check on the eggs, I saw these 3 little beauties :) It was great timing because after babysitting my 5 year old niece over night, I needed a reminder of the cute baby stages in life ;) Parenting wasn't meant to start at 5 years old I have discovered. When you go from not having any kids to a 5 year old, I was exhausted as I was thinking of anything and everything to keep her entertained! I was just thinking 'This is why parents have babies that sleep 21/24 hours a day in the beginning days of being a parent...' Luckily, she is the easiest little girl to please and I loved spending time with her. Love ya Chlo-bear :)

Oprah - 'Everybody is acting at the level they know, and when they know better, they act better.' So this phrase popped into my head last Friday after physical therapy. I went away Friday with my head held a little higher. There is this one exercise in the pool that is really hard to do, but on Friday, I conquered it and my therapist said its because I am building up my strength. I was discouraged in the beginning of therapy because I wanted to be able to do this exercise because it seemed so simple, but really, how could I be good at it if I'd never done it before? The fact that I didn't give up and really worked at it, gave me a peak at a confidence that has been hiding for a long time. I am really hard on myself. I don't like failing, yet I don't ask for help either. How am I supposed to learn in life if I don't ask for help on the things I can't do or don't know? I mean, we all make mistakes, I know I'm not the only one...how do we learn if we don't make mistakes? This experience on Friday has shown me that I have to start taking chances and asking questions so that I can succeed at so many more things in life. Also, knowing that I am loved by God just the way I am because of grace gives me the freedom to keep moving forward and learning from my mistakes, while not feeling guilty for not being 'good enough' at the things I do in life that are challenging. So even if I don't get relief from all this physical therapy and all I get out of this experience was a confidence restored, I'll take it.

Proverbs 12:15 'The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice' Gotta love the book of Proverbs...gets me everytime! ;)

P.S. My hair is growing SUPER FAST and I'm not putting up a recent picture of me because I look like Mike Seaver from Growing Pains...I need a hair cut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment