Monday, October 24, 2011

6 days and counting...

So this is what happens when you start yoga...you get sick! JK :) I have had this cold/flu now for six days and its driving me crazy! It's weird for me because usually my health issues are off the wall things, but this common cold hit hard core! I actually had to take off school for it and that was weird. Usually the times I have to take off work is because of all my doctor appointments, this time I just didn't have the energy to work. My energy level just stinks at the moment. And I know that energy is everything, especially as a teacher. The energy that you bring into a room can change the whole attitude of the room. So once I'm better and back to Laura, I'm really going to try to be aware of the energy that I bring into a room, not just the classroom, but any room I enter. There is a lot of negative energy out there and we do not need to be around it! I know with my stress level lately and being sick, I have not helped the positive energy cause :) Hopefully, I'll be back on track soon!

I've been having a lot of prayer time with God lately. Lots of people around me needed it, including me. And I'm learning while I reread The Prayer of Jabez, that it is more than okay to pray for yourself too. So I wanted to share something awesome. I prayed for God to show me a sign about something in my life, and the next day a woman said exactly what I needed to hear. It was pretty awesome and a moment where I just stopped and recognized that it was an answer to a prayer and even told her that God just totally worked! So don't just ask for a prayer to be answered, be aware and watch it be answered. It may not be the answer you were looking for or it may not happen right away, it may be many years down the road when you can look back and say 'Oh, that was the answer.' It's so neat, but it's really neat to get the answer the next day too :) My life has so many blessing that I thank God everyday for. Take time to think about the blessings in your life. Focus on those things to keep your drive and make the effort to change the things in your life that need to change. Although it can be so hard or scary, have faith that God will bless you and the situation, just have the strength to ask and remember to keep your eyes open :)

No comments:

Post a Comment