Monday, September 5, 2011

Grad School...here I come!

Hi friends and family!


Can you believe this hair?! It is growing like a weed! I am so close to having some little pig tails in the back :) But I also remember when I thought my hair was long enough to have headbands in it, so I may be jumping the gun just a little:)

I have been so busy, not just with teaching, but fulfilling another dream I have and crossing off another item on my (ever growing) bucket list...I started Graduate school last week! I am taking all my classes for Educational Leadership through the University of Dayton and getting used to this online program. My hope is to be done by the end of spring 2013...it will be hard, but getting it done in two years is my goal, as well as keep working full time. So I feel pretty busy these days. I usually don't get home from work until 4:30 - 5:00, and at that point I try to put some sort of healthy supper on the table. I try to do some reading/writing for a paper for my class, and then I lace up my tennies around 8:30 and start my run BECAUSE....I'm running a 5K next week!

I can't tell you how excited I am to run this and cross off ONE MORE thing from my bucket list. I have really pushed myself, and I swear running is so much mind over matter. The one thing that really bothers me is my breathing (I thought it would be my foot after having it break this past summer). I think it has to do with the crazy bleomycin chemo medicine that they gave me last year that just ate my lungs! I wheeze a lot, but I pace myself. I really want to do this so bad to prove that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to! And with my neck and back, well, I had an appointment with my neurologist in August, but I cancelled it so I could go on my road trip. She has tried calling me twice, but I have missed her phone calls and we keep playing phone tag. I'm curious to see what the next step is, because I don't have the nerve pain I had back in March that started this whole process (it was nerve pain from the port being removed, but when they did an MRI, they found a lot going on in my neck and back and referred me to a neurologist). I still get pain in my back (not nerve pain like before, its the pain i have had for years), but the electrotherapy and my exercising to strengthen my back muscles are helping ease the pain. I know the doctors are concerned with the issues, but until I start having some neurological symptoms, like I did when I had Chiari, I really don't want to worry about it and just keep checking things off my bucket list :)

So once again, thank you so much for all your support throughout the past year. I have looked back on some blogs and realized how much my life has changed even in such a short time of my hopefully LONG life. Which just proves that we keep evolving while we live here on earth. And if you are not learning and changing, get busy! Take the chance and dream! My sister is proof...she got her dream job by taking a chance, you have no idea how that has inspired me to keep dreaming sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment