Saturday, September 17, 2011

A health update!

Here is the update with ALL of my health....

Cancer- I have a CT scan scheduled for October 5 and meet with my oncologist the week after to go over the results. Please pray for clean results! I feel great in THAT regard, so I don't think anything will go wrong, however I just read a stat that 1 out of 6 people get a secondary cancer after Hodgkin's Lymphoma. YIKES! I'm always curious to see what comes up on the CT scans. Will it show anymore scar tissue on my chest? What about on my lungs? I certainly feel like I have chemo induced asthma after I hear myself wheeze after running and I have never wheezed before. And what about my fertility from the chemo drugs????

My neck and back- I finally got in touch with my neurologist and we are setting me up with an at home TENS UNIT! This means that I will get to have my electrotherapy at home to help ease my muscle pain due to the muscles and syringomyelia. This is so great, it will help stabilize my back pain until the day they say 'Time to fix you again.' :) My neurologist doesn't want to release me yet because of my 'unique case', so I still meet with her a couple times a year.

My 'baby maker'- I've been having some crazy things happening lately, so my OB/GYN ordered a blood draw last Friday and I'm getting an ultra sound tomorrow to investigate and see how my baby maker is doing :) So we are looking into it all and making sure everything is A-OK to start expanding our family in the future. Please pray also that my insides are working right and look right, nothing extra growing on them if you catch my drift....like I said, the day the doc tells me I'm broken and can't have my own kids, is the day you will have to drag me out of bed!

Otherwise, I feel great! It's a crazy life I lead over here, but I try to look on the bright side of things and not let it get me down. And on those days when I do just need to cry or get mad, usually a hot bath, a glass of wine, or a good talk with my fam helps when I start to feel overwhelmed with Life. And also remembering that through my trials is when I seem to cling closer to God, and for some reason can hear Him more clearly. Maybe it's because God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1) . So I try not to stress, because it is the LAST thing I need in all of my health situations right now...but how do you live a life without stress, right?? Anyone know a good yoga dvd I can borrow?? :)
I'll let you know how everything turns out with my test tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes Laura. I hope all goes well. Praying.

    ReplyDelete