Sunday, April 10, 2011

And the Curl Has RETURNED!!

And what it looks like in the morning! I couldn't stop laughing!!

What a beautiful day it was in Lima Ohio! High of 83 degrees! I was outside as much as possible this weekend...we started working on the pool, we ate supper outside, I had all the windows open…just a great tease for what is to come this year filled with sun since I can be in it again! I literally laid on my deck outside in my PJ’s after drinking my coffee this morning…just soaking in the heat and sun!! It felt AMAZING!! I ended my weekend with getting my stitches out by the best nurse in town (I'm still sweet and they didn't dissolve ;) and writing this blog. But I especially enjoyed it because I am NERVE PAIN FREE!!! Yes, I have no more nerve pain in my back, chest, and arms. Lyrica is amazing for nerve pain, and it helped tame down the nerve endings enough for them to heal. I am happy to say that I am not taking any more pills for pain and YES IT WAS A PORT ISSUE DOC! ;)


No, I don’t hold a grudge or anything :) I’m pretty sure that because the pain is gone, it had to be caused by the port removal unlike the radiologist said...trust your instinct people, you know your body best! But you know what? Everything happens for a reason, and maybe God was teaching me a lesson on patience and frustration while leading me to the path to conquer this next battle in my body and to not let it go any longer...because we all know I procrastinate. :) Without God's interference with the intense nerve pain, I may have let this back issue go on for way longer...causing even more damage to my spinal cord. So I should probably catch you up on this issue…5 years ago, I had a surgery to help the bottom of my brain relieve pressure from the spinal cord. Because I had pressure on the spinal cord because of my cerebellum tonsils (bottom part of the brain), I developed syringolmyelia which are cysts in the spinal cord (called syrinx). Now because I had the surgery to relieve the pressure, the syrinx shrank, but they are still there. These syrinx are still causing pressure in my back, making me feel like I have a book bag on all the time. This pressure is why I went back to the doctor last June, and thats when they found the cancer, so they held off on this issue. When my doc saw the MRI images this round, it was basically time to say ‘Lets get you fixed.’ So that’s why I head back down to my neurologist in Columbus so that we can see the options I need to fix me...again. I have dealt with this back pain for years, and the thought of getting relief sounds amazing…but putting another foreign object in my body doesn’t flatter me, but that discussion is for another day. Like I said, I want to get down there and see my options. No use in worrying about the future today :)


The best thing so far is that since I have my mind on things other than the nerve pain, I have been able to think about Relay for Life and paying it forward. We have our theme for our tent…it’s ‘The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.’ I see it as a perfect fit! I can’t wait to decorate it, get the kids games all put together, and really see how much money we raised for cancer research. If by doing this I can help someone with cancer have the same outlook and insight I had while fighting cancer, than all this will all be worth it. To be perfectly honest, this all makes me nervous because I’ve never done anything like Relay. I still have to push myself to do things that make me nervous. I see now that that is how you create memories, by going out of your box. Otherwise, Life just starts blending together. That’s why I didn’t back out of relay when it got hard for me. I’m doing this for those that didn’t make it and for the future that still needs a cure...my future. I don't see it as fair if my life was saved from cancer and I waste it. Same with my faith, it's not fair that someone showed me this life with God, and then I not share it with others - thats not what we are called to do as christians. When I start to waste my life is when I should start to feel guilty for surviving. Relay is helping me feel like I'm doing something. Because isn't that what all of us want to do when someone is hurting...we say 'I wish I could do something.' Well, here is your chance! If you know of anyone who has had cancer (and you do, you know ME! ;) be apart of the cancer world for one night and come out for the fun and celebration at the Allen County Fairgrounds on June 10 starting at 6:00- June 11 at noon. It will be just like a fair…food, games for the kids, and taking a walk around the track for those who have fought and lost, are still fighting, and those who have won the battle with cancer. And if you are a cancer survivor, check out the Relay for Life website so that you can get your own Relay for Life SURVIVOR t-shirt! If you haven’t had a chance to donate or still need your tickets for the Hocking Hills raffle, email me at laurabelle03@hotmail.com or go to our Relay for Life webpage at http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=31613&team_id=886914 to donate online and be apart of this cause! I seriously have a great team, I mean an PRETTY AWESOME TEAM who is kicking cancer's butt helping me and you can help too! Thanks for your support and mark your calendars now to stop out and see us all at the event…REMEMBER. CELEBRATE. FIGHT BACK!!!
2 corinthians 9:12 - This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

Front view of the hair...eyebrows and all :) I can't believe how much better I look compared to just a few months ago...I'm looking healthier everyday. Thank you cancer drugs!

Hey check out the YOUTUBE video above this post about Relay For Life...it was pretty touching. And gives a clear picture why I wanted to do this and what its all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment