Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting past the frustration

So last night before my MRI of the thoracic spine today, Andrew did his job once again and made my day. He got out his guitar for the first time in YEARS and TOTALLY made me smile by playing my favorite songs. I mean, I was on cloud nine as he made me remember the old days and forget about the pain, nerves, anything. I was in pure bliss listening to that old guitar again…and remembering one of the first reasons I fell in love with him. Its just something about those guitars, right ladies??? :) And now that my man is into more country music…I’m in heaven when he plays Eric Church. Thanks Andrew for playing and taking me back to the days when we were youngens with no worries...just fun! The MRI today went just fine. I’m not sure if anyone should feel comfortable getting into these machines, but after you have had 3 MRIs, 3 PET scans, 6 CT scans, 4 X-Ray, and 1 ultrasound in just 9 months, you feel like you could run the machines yourself. :) But I wasn't alone again, my friends who were in their own health situations last fall were right with me again. Little Miss Miracle got her second heart surgery and it doing wonderful, and my bestie is getting her 'little monster' out too down in Columbus tomorrow :) Love you girl! I go back down to my neurologist in Columbus on Thursday, April 28, and that weekend I still celebrate my birthday…regardless if it’s good news or bad news! My pain lately is less nerve pain (amazing pills by the way!) and more muscle pain. Lord only knows where all this is coming from and where it leads. We'll just have to see what the scans show and what the docs, me, and God decide to do to help me live the best life I can live. So you could say I have recovered since my last blog of frustration. I honestly wasn’t frustrated that I was still sick but in a new form, because that was out of my control. It was the process of everything…the horrible pain without meds, the rude doctor, the waiting…and more waiting on results with still no answers, and how this new issue totally interrupted my ‘happy healing process’ from cancer. I was so consumed with frustration and pain to think about the important things going on...like attending the woman’s conference and getting my team ready for Relay for Life. You see, I let my frustrations run my life for a few weeks and luckily my friends and family were there to help take my mind off of it and encourage me to remember my Pursuit and everything I learned. I am disappointed in myself because of how I let the frustration control my life and keep me from things, instead of me controlling it. I didn't do anything crazy like tell people off or go into a depression, I just felt like I let myself down by being irritable and not bouncing back sooner to get on with Life...and we are our toughest critic aren't we? :) I wish I would have remembered that the interruptions in life don’t mean you stop living, and throw a temper tantrum. You have to be stronger than the circumstances thrown your way, and never doubt that God stopped loving you or left your side. He knew I'd get frustrated, and I went through that emotion to learn that I don't want to handle my interruption in life like that anymore. I don’t want to miss a day of the goodness life can bring because I was upset. I went through too much to take Life for granted and waste it on anger and frustrations. I have learned the lesson that frustration leaves you no where, just grumpier than normal…and it's not good for your health either! Be stronger than the emotion and take action. So I gave that frustration and regret to God, and I've been much more content. Besides like a song says, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about the way He loves us, Oh how He loves us. Oh my, what His love can do for us and our interruptions...

1 comment: