Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My apologies...


So I just feel like I should apologize. For the last month, I feel like I’ve been ‘too close’ to my problems to really gain perspective of my Life right now. Everyone knows that when you are in the moment, you don't exactly think straight. So God showed up and I had an Interaction tonight. I’ve prayed for something to come my way to change up my thinking, and God heard my prayer. He sent me Linda :) Yesterday, Linda ate lunch with us girls at Slabtown and she talked about the new movie Soul Surfer. Having lived in Hawaii before, she loved the movie and said we should all see it. Actually, when it came out, I was going to see it on a Sunday all by myself when Andrew was working, but chickened out and used ‘laundry’ as an excuse. So when Linda came in talking about the movie, I knew it was ‘A God Thing’. So I talked to her after lunch and we made a plan to go the next day and see the movie together. And the movie was perfect, exactly what I needed.
The movie hit me in three different ways. First, being the obvious, Linda was my answer to prayer when she went with me to see the movie. Second, I could connect with Bethany Hamilton because as she was suffering from her injury from the shark bite, I too was suffering from cancer…and in both cases it seemed to hurt the people who loved us more than it hurt us. I have found that when you are in the storms of life, for some reason, I find it easier to remain calm. As she was driven and focused to surf again, I was driven to beat cancer and Live. I don't know, I just knew from the beginning my God would take care of me, that He had the plan. And Third, there was a part in the movie where it talked about perspective. How sometimes you are so ‘in the moment’ and up close, that you lose perspective. You need to back away, look at that big picture, and regain perspective. This movie made me do that tonight. Lately, I have felt all over the place, trying to make sense of the last month. The pain from the nerves and my back was so overwhelming, that when we found the cysts in the spinal cord again and all the stuff with my neck, I pretty much was ‘up close’, that I lost my perspective in all this. I became foggy and couldn't think clearly. I am to glorify God in ALL that I do, and I apologize if I haven’t shown that lately. God remained faithful and answered my prayer, once again. He interfered in the form of my 'old' friend Linda, her passion for Hawaii, and set my focus straight again. God has given me power over the the things in my life that have me anxious, gives me love when I want to scream, and self-discipline...the hardest one yet, but I'm getting better - and some nice reality checks in the form of a shark bite don't hurt either:)
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment