Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Time!

Why my children will hate me one day :)



What a great weekend spent with friends and family! My in-laws started off our Easter weekend and our best friends over for one last Easter dinner ended our weekend! And I marked another bucket list item off my list…I tried Risotto at a restaurant. :) It wasn’t exactly a 5 Star, but The Inn in Ada is pretty nice. We celebrated my birthday with the Gromans since we are all in town. Next weekend is my birthday...I decided to actually hold off on the celebration...go figure that the birthday I actually wanted to celebrate because I have conquered cancer, we would have the most rain on record in Lima, Ohio. Its a muddy mess here :( However, it didn't damper my spirit for Easter. It is my favorite holiday, not because of the Reese’s eggs although they are my favorite, but because we celebrate our living God this day. And it was just what I needed as I find out more about God’s grace in my life.


Its amazing how content I am becoming the more I discover God’s grace. At church on Sunday at Union Chapel with Andrew’s family (where by the way it was great to see some old friends again AND to sing In Christ Alone…my favorite!) Pastor said this and it struck more than anything else… God sees me through the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Wow...what freedom that gives me. Even if I was the best saint on earth, God sees me through the righteousness of Jesus because of what He did on the cross. It's exactly what I needed to hear to go along with my journey towards understanding God's Grace. As you know, my biggest struggle is guilt. I had a hard time accepting how I reacted in the month of March. I basically went into a 'coma' after I heard the words ‘disease free'...and when I woke up, I was dazed and confused, lost in another health battle (my syrinx problem). I just felt like I forgot everything I learned in my Pursuit. But I am now understanding God’s grace a little bit better each day, making it so much easier to be the me in this life that I was meant to be. I feel happier, even in my days of limbo again with what treatment the neurologists will use to help me with my cysts in my spinal cord. The hold that guilt had on my life is being released more each day, and I’m seeing the grace of God in my life through my daily activities. I can't believe I am learning this at just 26 years old! I mean this is a huge 'chains have been released! I am set free' for me, not just from the month of March, but my whole life! This is what I've always wanted. And my husband can attest to this too, I am happy and content…even in this new crappy health situation. Thursday’s doctors appointment will be here before I know it, and even if there isn’t any treatment for my syrinx problem, God’s grace is sufficient in my life now. And I understand that. I won’t complain, I’m not broken...because I’m His, made perfectly by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment