Thursday, January 13, 2011

Road to Radiation…Traveling on the Road Less Taken

"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NKJV)

-Thank God I get a new chance every morning. Even with failure and sin, it says that as far as the east is from the west, so has He removed our sins from us.

So I usually take the safe road. The road that everyone goes on so I don’t stand out. I’m not sure I want to take that road anymore. I feel like throughout the past 7 months I have found my voice. I’m ready to just be me. I hope you’ve seen me, and I hope you like me! If not, I’ll just say a big oh well, and move on…cause that’s me right now. :) I recognize that we all live life differently and who are we to judge each other? My true judgement comes the day I see God and He gives the final verdict. So on my new adventure to try new things…I have to get a lot better at dealing with failure! I have recently found out that I cannot bowl above a 100 and I cannot go out of my bubble and pick a new entree at a restaurant that I like yet. I can’t read my bible everyday, but I’m a really good catcher-upper, and I can’t keep Cooper from chewing on things (see pics below). I've had many successes too, and I'm glad each morning is the start of a new day...a BRAND NEW DAY. Not just for my new adventures in failing (that is just so funny to say), but for sinning too. I remember what my fourth grade Sunday school teacher told me about sin. She said that because Jesus died to take all our sins away, each time we confess our sins to God, it's like a Post-it note. He writes it down, then crumbles it up and throws it away. And you start new again. Oh thank you God, you must have had me in mind when you came up with that idea! ;)

I’m also taking the roads less traveled and stepping out of my comfort zone, going against the flow of my natural instincts and starting new opportunities for me instead of waiting for them to come. Like getting more involved in my church than my comfort zone allows and thinking more about school and mommyhood and so much more. Some of these roads will lead to failure and I actually like it, because it proves to me that I’m not perfect at everything (most things, but not everything ;) haha JUST KIDDING!! I’m ok with failing, because I am human. And all humans are not perfect. People are different and show different talents AND THAT’S OK! I'm going to start accepting me everyday for who I am, push myself beyond my boundaries...then see where it takes me...Hollywood maybe??...No, I like the Virgin Islands much better ;) I've had experiences in life that have shaped and molded me, and that's what this new adventure is all about. So I am going to fail this year by taking the road less traveled. I’m sure that the successful people in this world did not get where they are without failure. Do not be afraid of failure either, I’m telling you, you are not perfect and you will fail at some things. Mine happens to be bowling and keeping my dog from chewing so far :) But I'm making great memories in the mean time! And know that your life will be broadened and changed by both your successes AND failures! So don't be afraid to try new things either. You can let your failure make you or break you. I chose to let it make me now. I’m going to start failing, that way I can start living. J.K. Rowling said that if you have not failed, you have lived too cautiously. At that point, you might as well have not lived at all.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.



Not the way to get a peep toe shoe...but gosh darn is he cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment