Friday, June 17, 2011

A year ago today...this Pursuit began with a phone call




Here is a little video I made of this past year in a nutshell...

Hi friends and family,

What a year it has been, right? It was a year ago today I got the phone call from the doctor telling me I had cancer. Little did I know how much my life would change because of that phone call. But my life didn't change because of the cancer, it changed because of you guys. And your listening ears as I told my story through this blog. I heard once that you have to have a test to be a testimony. Well, my hope is that I am not just a one time testimony, but that I can be a living testimony. I don't think our lives should be easy, because we don't learn the important things in Life when it is easy. Through cancer, one of my fiercest battles yet, I learned true friendship, unending love, and that it's okay to be me...and share it with you. You guys have been my rock this past year and I hold this time in my life so close to my heart that it can never be ripped away. Thank you for supporting me.

I go back to my neurologist next week to see what the next step is in helping my spine. So I may pop back in once in awhile on the blog to update you all. This blog, my Pursuit, was my refuge during a difficult time in my life, it opened me up and gave me encouragement, confidence, and stability. It showed me Who my foundation is, and opened me up to show me a life worth living, and for that I am grateful. My only hope is that my life is one that is not wasted...to not just keep taking breaths on this earth, but to actually LIVE while taking those breaths. Because as long as I'm Living…I'll have something to tell about :)

God Bless,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and your great news from Dr. Powell. I'm so happy you are in remission. Your year has come full circle just as your life has changed 360 degrees. Congrats to your Mom too on her retirement. I got teary eyed also when I read your blog. What a great thing for South Middle School to do. They have supported the Relay for several years. We'd love to see them have a team in the future, too. I hope you have recuperated from the Relay. I went to Delphos Relay last eve. It was fun to see some of my previous patients and friends. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete