Thursday, December 2, 2010

12:33 am and I'm still awake, writing a song...

...If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me...song by Anna Nalick: Breathe (another song that just gets me)

Any new surprise?? I can’t sleep the night before my appointment. I’m thinking too much. About the future, about the past. About 10 years ago, about 10 years from now. Anything and everything. It’s just on my mind. Songs can do that to you don’t they? I’m loving country right now. There are so many songs out there that inspire me and were written for me. But I want to write my own song. So here it is…past, present, and future.
It’s a draft so give me some slack...I'm a teacher (but a rock star at heart ;) My sister will kill me for saying this, but we used to make music videos and secretly wished we were on Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit! Oh yes, there are video tapes out there to prove it...braces and all :) Love ya sissy!

So picture this…I got my long brown curly locks on top of my head, sundress and boots on, my piano under my fingers, and I’m playing on the edge of the world…

Theme Song to my Life.

A piano starts by playing softly…
I sit down, and wonder how I got here
Full of mistakes, surprises, and unfulfilled plans.
My heart sinks as I think of how much time I’ve wasted
Spent on nothing. Purely wasted.
Then enter in the soft, long strokes of a violin chord.
Can there still be hope for this girl?
Still a place in this world for me?
Still time for forgiveness to tie up loose ends?
Can I still be the girl you thought I was going to be?
Just maybe…

Enter in the electric guitar for the chorus…
But wait, it fades back into the verse of life again. The piano starts again…

I can hear the soft lyrics of a heart that’s broken
an apologetic soul that just needs to move on and pray,
A scared little girl, too afraid of failure to live out her dreams.
and the tears of a woman, who just wants it all to go away.
But in comes the violins again, giving a burst of hope…
Hope, it’s the person that comes into your life with inspiration,
the man that enters and sets your heart on fire to live and love again,
and a moment happens that only you dream about.
A new song, a song that changes your whole life!

We’ve made it to the chorus again!
The song of your heart is letting your hair down,
Dancing up and down and throwing your arms in the air.
It’s the part of life where you play air guitar in your sweats and T,
It’s your eyes that show a smile because you fell in love again,
or conquered a goal that could never be reached,
or simply know there is a cure to heal your cancer.
I’m so lucky, I’m so blessed.

And here comes the bridge…slow the music down and wait for it…
So how did I get here?
What did I do to get so lucky?
There must have been something I did right.
And for some reason the only thing I can think to do right now…
As the music begins to get louder and the drum beat gets louder and faster
….IS SAY THAT ALL I HAVE TO THANK IS YOU!
So here I am again…dancing like there’s no one watching.
And loving me, for the first time.
I got my life together and now it’s time to live a bit louder.
You’ve got it girl, don’t be afraid to let it show!

Thank you, you let this girl out. Thank you.
My husband says I can be a dreamer...well, what fun do you have if you don't dream right? Thanks for letting me dream on here tonight. It was fun.

So sweet rock star dreams tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. love love it...can't wait to hear it to music. :) i'm up and its 1:40 am due to decadron...ativan and ambien can't get me down tonight...maybe i'm too excited to be done?? anyways, it was great to chat with you shortly this evening...we should plan a time where we can chat longer. have a great appt today and now we can be done being chemo buds, but now we will be glowing, radiation buds! ;) Love, Kara from Cheeseland ;)

    ReplyDelete