Monday, December 6, 2010

Who is Little Miss Miracle?

Who is Little Miss Miracle?, Playing for Paislyn


Playing for Paislyn Benefit Concert (featuring Harlend and Together Awake)
Location:'The Axis' at Lima Community Church
Time:6:00PM Sunday, December 12th



You may remember a while back I was going through a hard time, because so many of my friends were going through an even harder time and I felt that there was just nothing I could do to help. Well, luckily the time has come to help. :) This little girl you see is someone I prayed hard for during my time with cancer. She touched so many people's life, but mine too because we were both going through a tough spot in Life...not sure what our outcomes were going to be at one point. This little girl and I were walking in the same shoes and little does she know, I held her tiny little hand so tight because she gave me more hope than she will ever realize. Jake and Aubrey (Kirkendall) Metzger (if you know me, you may also know Allison (Kirkendall) Jones or their mom, Laurie Kirkendall) had their first baby girl on August 24th and within a couple hours, she was rushed to Toledo because they discovered she had Congenital Heart Disease and that she has a hypo plastic right heart, which means her right ventricle is underdeveloped. In the past few months, this little girl has come back to life and proven to be Little Miss Miracle. She has been through countless days at 3 different hospitals and has already been through 1 of 3 open heart surgeries. As we all know, surgery and hospital bills aren’t cheap…but here is a way to help carry the burden like we are told in the bible and help out this family during the holiday season.

This Sunday at The Axis (Lima Community Church of the Nazarene) there will be a benefit to help the Metzger family pay for the medical bills they have incurred with their baby girl, Paislyn. There will be two live bands playing a collection of songs, including some holiday songs, and a silent auction (which I will be helping with :) that includes a plasma flat screen TV, an over night stay at a cabin in Hocking Hills, Mark Lowry tickets, a family pass to the Toledo Zoo, and MUCH more!

Andrew and I have been blessed in many ways, including financially. Andrew and I both have great jobs with great insurance. I am BEYOND grateful for all the people who wanted to set up a fundraiser for me during my time with cancer, but we were able to pay the bills and still live sufficiently in this life. This is all I ask, if there was ever a time where you thought 'what can I do to help out Laura?' Here’s what you can do...you can help out this family who truly needs it. I ask that we remember the real reason for the season...giving...and if you are looking for a way to donate some money locally this year, help out this family to help lighten the load a little. 100% of the funds raised at the benefit and on the website will go directly to the Metzger family to help pay the medical bills of baby Paislyn. If you are not able to make it to the benefit (and see me at the silent auction!) visit www.littlemissmiracle.org and read all about this miracle child, the story behind her life so far, to read more about the event this Sunday, and to make a donation. Trust me, your life will be changed by giving if you let it. It almost is a bigger blessing to you than the family you are helping :)

And just an FYI, this event doesn’t replace Relay for Life for me, this is just something extra to let you all know about since it is helping someone in need that touched my life through my cancer process. Relay for Life is my way of paying it forward this year. I will be doing Relay For Life this spring in pure thanks for the research that has already been done to cure my cancer. These donations literally saved my life. So I will still be walking and raising money this spring to help in further cancer research so that EVERYONE can be saved from cancer, not just me. Everyone deserves to live and have a second chance, even a little girl as young as Paislyn. I just do not believe that we should use the ‘there isn’t enough money for research’ excuse anymore when you should see how much money Americans spend a year on Christmas gifts (google it, you will be AMAZED!) So help me this spring raise money so there is enough for more research, because if cancer happened to me…it could be you one day…and don’t you want a cure by then??

Hope to see you out there on Sunday to enjoy the Christmas music and to support Little Miss Miracle in any way possible :)

Acts 4:32-35
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

No comments:

Post a Comment