Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy and Tired...means time to REST!

Oh my gosh! My hair is really starting to grow back! And all of the sudden some of my eye lashes have popped out and my eye brows are literally sprouting it seems!! So neat to see this transformation back into a 'typical' woman! Its AWESOME! I know its crazy, but I wanted to show you a close up picture of my eyelashes and eyebrows! :) See the little dots? Those are the sprouts! And I actually had enough lashes to wear mascara again!

These are the lashes and brows I had one month into chemotherapy...

After two months into treatment, I lost the majority of my brow and lashes...


And here is what I have growing back now, one month after my last chemotherapy treatment...What a transformation!

Two words to describe me lately are... Busy and Tired. With working again and trying to keep up with all the holiday hustle and bustle, I can say that I am tired too. And working is hard work. I give many, many kuddos to the mothers out there who take care of children and work at the same time. How do you do it?! You must have some unknown strength that us without children do not know about yet. And because I'm teaching again, I am busy all day...those children keep you busy and if you aren't energetic, it's like BAM they turn on you! And the sad thing is that I am so tired when I get home, I’m not reading as many books as I did on my time off. I’m too tired to think at the end of the day that I barely get supper on the table. This is when I start to wonder, Is this really me? Working so hard that I forget about everything else in life? I catch myself wondering if this is how we are supposed to live this life. The past two months, I have had the time to dive into the many questions I've wondered about and lots of time for refection on the things that matter. Now, after concentrating all day on work, I find myself sitting in front of the TV after supper because my brain is just tired of thinking. I watch television because it literally requires nothing of me. I can even turn off my brain and zone out and not even realize what I’m watching or what it is about.
So I definitely believe that we need rest after work, even God needed rest on the seventh day after creating the heavens and earth in six days. So I believe that we can use the TV to relax. Now 4 hours a night in front of the TV I don't think I can justify...but oh is it just so easy and tempting to do! What I need is balance. Balance in everything that I do in life. So my prayer is that I remain balanced so that I can still have some energy at the end of the night to socialize with my family and friends, exercise on the treadmill, and especially have some time to read. I have really enjoyed reading during my time off. It gives me so much insight and gives me time to reflect on Life, and I certainly do not want my job to keep me from the great insight I have been exposed to these last 2 months.

Unfortunately today, the benefit for Paislyn has been rescheduled because of the winter snow storm we are having here, however that did give me time to rest tonight that I was not anticipating on having. So I cleaned the house a little, finished some laundry, and wrapped some presents. Its about time to fill up my cup of Ovaltine and rest while watching another Christmas movie (I’m a sucker for Christmas movies), yes we still need rest because working around the house it still WORK. We will see if I get another day of rest tomorrow...I'm starting to see the school delays come across the screen. It's been a hard week in different ways for me this week, and God must have heard this tired and burdened girl who just needed more rest... Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

I have needed to hear these words for a little time now. I'm praying for specific things in my life right now and I'm an impatient person, I want the answers now. However I do not learn anything when I get what I want right away. So I will WAIT. Because while I wait, I learn. I pray, I wait, I learn, and then God comes through on HIS timing. Always. But it's the WAITING part that is hard. I'm learning to WAIT better because I know that if I am faithful, the Lord will hear my prayers and answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment