Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hillsong - From the Inside Out


(the second half the song is the best! Around minute 3:00 :)
I was at church this morning, and of course, all my fears, nerves, anger, and sadness left me as we sang praise and worship. As we sang I remembered why I'm really here. It's to worship God with all my heart and soul...even when I'm broken, because God is everlasting. We sang this song and it touched me. First because it is musically awesome, and second because of the words. It talks about how even though I fail and stumble along the way of Life, God's mercy and grace remains and He doesn't forget me. He won't forget me next week when I find out my results or next year when I contemplate a family. The song is called From the Inside Out by Hillsong, and that's really what I want to do, have a never ending love for God because He's my source of comfort and strength through this thing called Life. There is a line in there that says from the inside out, Oh my souls cry out and I connected with it because even though I was so silent for a couple days, God heard me screaming from the inside out. And I love how it says His light will shine when all else fades. Because in all my circumstances in Life when I have drifted away from God, God's light remained constant and bright, bringing me right back to him.
Thank you God, for being everlasting and meeting me half way, each and every time I run away from You, looking for the answers on my own. How would I have ever gotten through this Pursuit on my own strength? Thank you for helping me along the way and carrying me when I couldn't. Thank you for praise and worship music...it's when I'm singing that I feel the closest to You. And in the comfort of Your arms is the only place I want to be right now as I await my results. I love You.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Andrew as you wait these next few days. This song is a beautiful and a terrific way to regain focus. You are a strong and beautiful woman, from the inside out. Just keep letting God use you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, Laura and Andrew and all your family. Please feel all of our love and hugs being sent to you. May God's love and healing grace give you peace and calm as you get these test results. We claim your healing, Laura, and we thank God and praise His most holy name. Amen...... and amen......

    ReplyDelete