Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Peace that passes understanding...

I have this amazing peace right now.

I am content. I feel calm and collected. I thought I might need an extra long prayer session, an extra long bubble bath, extra glass of wine, or an extra bottle of pepto bismal...but no. To my surprise, I am in a complete and utter peace with what my future holds tomorrow. My thoughts tonight are actually few...I must be all 'thought out'. But I've never had this kind of peace before. Someone out there must have put in a good prayer to God.
Again, I don't have much to say, besides I'm ready to hear the word Remission tomorrow. I spell that with a capitol letter because unlike the word cancer, I want that to have as much power as it wants! :) I just want you all to know that I thank you and love you for your ongoing encouragement for me this entire way. You made this Pursuit so much easier with your support than I ever deserved. And I really want to thank Andrew. He stuck by me in every state during this when it was easy to leave. And when I looked at him tonight and told him I hope he understood that I needed to write another blog and that this cancer stuff is almost done, he looked at me and simply said 'I'm proud of you.' What perfect timing. His love is indescribable to me, and that's perfect because God's love for us is indescribable. So we must be on the right track. Tonight, his four words made me feel like I did something right. And that's why I love him.
I'm pretty sure that tomorrows results will show that I have no more cancer inside this body. Amen. But if there is, I am not afraid to move forward and conquer again. There is no force more powerful than the will to live. (127 hours). Stay tuned...

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment