Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's a 'Praise the Lord' kinda day!

GREAT NEWS!!!!
CT scan showed that the tumors are HALF the size as they used to be! And no new tumors!! Chemo is working beautifully!

Yesterday I went to St.Rita's Wellness Center to get my mammogram done (very nice place by the way!) and when I got there, they said they would start with an ultrasound since I was so young. I laid down on the bed, and she asked what was going on. I told her I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and now I have a 'lumpy booby too' :) She laughed and I showed the nurse where the lump was, and she put the warm goo on. As I looked at the ultrasound, I saw lots of gray...then a big black circle appeared. My heart sank into my stomach and I asked in a crackling voice 'Is that what I think it is?'. I waited to hear the words 'yes honey, I'm sorry.' and hear what my new future which now had TWO kinds of cancers had in store. However, she said, 'Actually, it's only a cyst. See how it is black in the middle? That's what we like to see. That means it is fluid filled cyst.' PHEW!!!! I took a deep breath of relief! She said with everything going on right now, we are just going to leave it alone until it really starts to bother me. I was even more relieved to hear that! I was not looking forward to having it removed while going through chemo...who knows what could happen in this body anymore?!

So needless to say, I am praising the Lord for not giving me any more than I can handle. I mean two cancers, REALLY would have tested my faith. Things in life happen for a reason, usually to teach you a lesson. I think I just needed shaken up a bit to make me realize I was doing to much. I was wearing myself down as each new week came along, trying to push myself and please everyone in my world. Now is not the time in my life to try to be pleasing people. It's about me, and I will use that 'Cancer Card' right now and be selfish. :) That means learning how to say the word 'No'. I gotta figure out the Laura of the past, the Laura of the present with cancer, and the Laura for the future... a healthy, strong, and useful Laura. But for now, 'I'm listening Lord. I may fight and yell along the way, but I am listening to You and I am resting. Because even when I kick and scream along the way...You remain faithful. Speak to me during this time. Give me clarity and purpose. Thank you for taking care of me, giving me opportunities in my times of distress, and giving me my time to figure things out (with little nudges along the way' :)


'You can't smooth out the surf, but you can learn to ride the waves."
- Author unknown

6 comments:

  1. Horray!! So happy to hear that the tumors are shrinking and that it was just a cyst. Continue to take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!! :) I continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you got good news about the lump and that the chemo is working. I'll continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great News Laura!!!! Keep using the cancer card. There is absolutely no reason not to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! A GOOD, GOOD DAY! YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAHHHH!! That's awesome news Laura!!!

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete