Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Bike Riding Accomplishment!

Hello!
Last week I went to school after Labor Day and went home feeling tired. Later that night, my body ached and I got a sore throat :( I woke up and it didn't get too much worse, so I went to work again on Wednesday with my heating pad. After that day, I realized working after chemo treatments really are exhausting. And I didn't think I could catch anything so soon, but that sore throat found its way to me. So I took off Thursday and had my CT scan on Friday. CT scan went well, I had a problem with my port in the beginning. They couldn't get a blood draw, so they thought the port could be clogged. Luckily, we were able to make it work...just a fluke and needed to be flushed more than once. I felt so much better by the weekend because I was able to rest and I slept so much! I was able to go shopping with my momma, have supper, and get a much needed pedicure with Kayla. Then today, I was back to my old self ready for the next work week! So glad I listened to my body and took that extra time off my body needed to jump back. I felt so good that I conquered one of my goals this summer! I wanted to ride my bike from my house to my parent's house. Granted, it isn't that far away, only a 6 minute drive...but it was a huge accomplishment to me. I was so happy because I completed it. I kept going when it was rough, but the point is, I kept going and I finished. I made it to my parents house for a nice bonfire...wow, I'm smiling I'm so happy! Here is a picture of me with Lance Armstrong...I mean Andrew :) Needless to say, he is in WAY better shape than I am. My dad took me home cause I wasn't sure I could do both ways yet. Andrew rode his bike back home, it took him literally HALF the time as it did with me. Oh well, I did it! That's all that matters right now :) Wish me luck, I'm headed back to work...I feel great so I am ready!! Thank you for the prayers of strength, I can really feel it. I would have never been able to conquer this goal without the encouragement of my husband and the prayers of strength from you guys. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to, I promise, the mind is such an amazing tool. I'm not sure I could have said this a couple months ago...but I say it today with full confidence!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, you both look so adorable! I'm glad you are doing so well.! Thanks for the blogs-I love reading up on you.You both continue to be in my prayers! Kelly

    ReplyDelete