Friday, September 24, 2010

Just a quick update

And I thought I would be bored when I didn't work!

Somehow I keep finding things to do! One of them is cook...I have been cooking so much better and healthier now that I have more energy and let me tell you, I honestly FEEL better when I eat food that is supposed to be eaten in a couple days rather than a couple months on a shelf. And so far, my cold is getting better. I hardly cough anymore and my nose runs just once in a while. So thankful for that. My jaw pain is getting better too. My back is still in pain though, whether its from the Neulasta shot or my kidneys working in overdrive, I'll never know...but that pain can go away at ANY TIME! Overall, I'm feeling MUCH better than I did last week. My, what rest can do! Last week was just awful, one of the worst I've had throughout this whole Pursuit (I'll explain later). However, things are looking up again :)

Yesterday I went to my school to let the kiddos know I won't be back for awhile. I read a book about cancer to them. Not much out there for kids on cancer and wondering if that's my calling in life to make my million...I'll write a children's cancer book :) We'll see. They were really awesome about it. I told them that hopefully I get a vacation after all of this is over and as I said good bye, one little guy said 'See when you get back from vacation Miss Laura!' Love it! I spent about two hours there and actually when I got into the car...I was EXHAUSTED! It REALLY made me realize why I was getting so sick before. I was really wearing myself down by being at work. I think things will be more smooth sailing from here on out. Tonight, since it's Friday, we got our traditional Kewpee's and I spent the night with my 'rents since AJ is working. We went and did our 'drive-bys' and watched a movie. The drive-bys are when we go 'drive by' football games and get the short version of it all. Sounds crazy, but I like it because it reminds me of Friday night football games way back when and I think my parents just like my company ;)

Well, that's about it for now. Wanted to give you a short update. Oh-good news!! Cooper is completely potty trained!! It's SO GREAT!!! Bad news- he is chewing EVERYTHING! I really understand when kids say 'My dog ate my homework'. Honestly, Cooper ate my lesson plans...and my shoes, and wedding album, and boxes, the Library book, ect. The fun thing is when Cooper brings objects from around the house to me that he chews on when I'm at the computer. I have a collection of things sitting next to my computer as I write one of the blogs. Seriously, it's never less than 3 things he brings me, then I have to return it all to their original spot when I'm done. Oh, and the latest thing is that he likes the bathtub...when I'm in it! Oh, I've got a great story about my bathroom, cancer. and reflection...but I gotta wait until another day. I'm tired!
Night!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I am soo happy you are feeling better! Love and Prayers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear staying home and resting is working for you. I knew it would. We are so busy during our work day as educators. But we love it soooo much that we don't even realize it.
    Get some rest.
    Hugs, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resting IN the Lord and resting FOR your Temple. I think the Lord is pleased with both!

    Good night, good night,
    Far flies the light,
    But still God's love flames above,
    Good night, good night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, hey, hey, Laura! Big news blog... recognized exhaustion!!! Yay!!! Went home when exhausted....yay-rah!!!! AND, BEST OF ALL, FEELING BETTER AND STRONGER WITH REST..... Hip Hip hoooooooRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! And, they all said, AMEN.....and Amen :-)

    And, Congrats to Coop!! :-) (also big news in this blog!!)

    Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura I feel your pain about your dog chewing everything! Must be a Lab thing, miss you so much lady :)

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete