Thursday, November 4, 2010

Last treatment…take Two!

Wow, am I glad that my chemotherapy treatments are OVER!!!!! So I’m sick and exhausted right now and can’t keep my eye lids open without toothpicks, so I will make this quick because I know you all would appreciate an update…stay tuned for the longer version in a couple days :)
Thought this squirrel was cute...it's kinda how I feel these days!

Eight treatments later and this is kicking my butt. I am so tired and nauseated from the treatment today. My blood count looked better than last week so I was able to have treatment though! PTL!!! And the nurse let me know what was in store for the next few weeks. I get a PET and CT scan in a week and a half and meet with my oncologist to go over those results a few days later. We then set up my consult appointment with the radiation oncologist (if needed of course ;) Then, I get all ready for radiation the next week after that appointment and start the radiation process every day for any where from 15 to 30 days. Then after all that…I SHOULD BE DONE!!! I can see the finish line to this Pursuit people! If you aren't smiling like me right now, you should be! :D I am so close! I have literally been sleeping all day, Andrew did a good job taking care of me. But, I really have to go because I’m not feeling good and because my 'chemo brain' has me wondering if I even got THIS information correct to give you:) Look for a better update in a couple days AND the Chemo is Done present!!

On a side note, I just have to say 'Shucks'…I wasn’t able to go to the Relay for Life kick off meeting today, but my mom and dad stopped to get me the information. I hate when chemo gets in the way of stuff…but such is Life. We must be flexible and go with the flow without getting discouraged. Thanks everyone for the congratulations! But it's not over yet...I still have some more of this race to run! I'm emotional and for the first time...it's awesome!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the squirrel! Even God's little creatures get tired of the stuff of life (like running around digging and burying nuts!) and need to take a rest. So, rest in the arms of the Lord, Laura. You have been a real trooper through this whole ordeal. May we all never take our health for granted and be grateful for each day. When you finish this race, can you help us all keep up the faith by posting more about life, God, husbands, work,and family on The Pursuit? I look forward to your writings and insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! On the road to recovery, you are doing great! Take it easy and recouperate, rest up, take your time, and luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT WOOT!!! NO MORE CHEMO!!!! Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for no more Chemo!!! Thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, Congrats on your last chemo!! I spoke to your Mom at the Relay kick off and we'll get you everything you need to have a great team and meaningful Relay experience. Gets lots of rest these next few days so your body can heal. Your on the road to recovery. Way to go. Patsy

    ReplyDelete