Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On the treatment road again...

Yesterday I went to school and it was good to see the kids again, but even better was my relaxing massage with my momma at Jewels Health and Beauty Spa…you’re one of a kind at Jewels (don’t those advertisement songs just get in your head!). Thanks again momma! But when we came outside, my mom was admiring these beautiful red roses, then she looks at me. She said, ‘Those have our names on them.’ I finally noticed what she was talking about because I’m always in my own little world, and right there on the counter were two vases, one for her and one for me, that had a dozen red roses in them! We asked what was going on and actually no one who was working knew at the moment. Well since I am noisy, I said it has our names on it so I’m gonna look at the card. Inside, all it said was Surprise. I knew right then…my dad :) We called him and he told us that he was planning on doing a surprise for awhile now, then when I mentioned how much I love surprises a couple days ago…he knew just what to put on the card. What a great dad, huh? Then today, I received a candle from a fundraiser I supported for Little Miss Miracle, and it wasn’t even the candle I ordered! It was a gift from a very special friend. I am sure blessed and THANKFUL for those blessings in my life!

So that brings me to today. I woke up early and the simple lyrics by Jeremy Camp were in my head ‘In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. When I am alone, give me Jesus. And when I come to die, give me Jesus. You can have all this world, but give me Jesus.’ Don’t know why, but it comforted me and my anxious nerves. Probably because I know that all I simply need in this world is Jesus and I can fight through literally anything this world throws at me now. So take the world, I don’t need it…but give me Jesus. Because then some how, you find true strength and happiness. So Andrew and I went to the Cancer Center in Celina where the other office is. It was good, but the one in Lima just feels like ‘home’ to me. :) It didn’t matter though, I could have heard the news in Lima, Celina, or Canada for that matter! Heck for all I cared, I could have been naked at the top of Mt.Rushmore and had the appointment (would rather not though), I just wanted to hear my future for the next few months! ;) Then I got it, the news I had been waiting to hear. The PET scan showed that I have reduced metabolic activity which means the cancer has not spread anymore!!! PRAISE THE LORD!! And the tumors are about a ¼ the size as they were at the half way point. The biggest one is now 3.5cm, remember it started at 9.5cm. The others are almost there, 1.5cm, and some are even gone! I am making progress! This means that I do not have to receive anymore chemotherapy treatments and we will move right onto radiation therapy. PRAISE THE LORD AGAIN!!! Although it would be nice to be all done, I am reminded that we are moving in the direction that will make me better and not any sicker, so I am thrilled at this point :) I'm on the road to recovery you guys, like packed and sitting in the car ready...let's freakin' GO!! :) My doctor doesn’t seem to be too concerned about my other symptoms yet. My body is still irritated and inflamed internally in some places from the chemo treatments, so that means it will go away hopefully in the near future. He gave me some medicine to help the pain as everything settles down inside my body.

So the next step is radiation. What’s that??? You wanna hear Whitesnake ‘Here I go again?' ;) Well at least this time I’m not on my own. I got all you guys for support this time around. I go this Thursday to St. Rita’s Allison Radiation Oncology Center for my consult appointment with my new radiation oncologist. From there, I will know how much, how often, where at…all the good stuff that goes with my new treatment plan. Ready, set, GO!!! We are moving, now all I have to do is read up on radiation…geez, I just got my Masters degree in Google searching chemo! Guess I’ll just move onto my Doctorate in radiation. :D So if we keep moving at this rate…I may take a deep breath into 2011 with a clean bill of health! Hey, it's good to have goals! By the way...I talked to a homeless man yesterday too...not for very long, but it's a start. Check that off my Bucket List! And tonight is another Sister’s Night…oh boy this should be a hoot! Dinner at Beer Barrel and a movie, Love and other drugs. Can’t wait to celebrate with them and so many more people this Thanksgiving weekend!! Happy almost Thanksgiving everyone!

My surprises!!

My puppy Coopy :)
My kitty Koko :)

3 comments:

  1. So, the tumors have shrunk yet again!!! Good news, good news. I am happy to hear. You continue to advance forward on your pursuit for good health. And the roses!!! Your dad is at it again!!! What an awesome guy. I hope you have a great night with your sisters and enjoy the Beer Barrel and the movie. Have a super duper Thanksgiving!!!! I am right here praying for you day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I know you were hoping to be done but at least they didn't have bad news for you today- phew! Your dad is such a sweetheart, I swear you have the best parents!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving...feed Cooper some TURKEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that the tumors have shrunk again!!! You are showing this cancer who is boss sister!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete