Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THAT's what Friends are for...Making Bald Beautiful.

In Galatians 6:2 we are told to carry each others burdens. Here are just a few people who did that for me on a day I will absolutely never forget...



My friends are amazing...
Have I already said that before??? But really, they are. Here’s the story...

There is an amazing photographer in town named Jessica Paxson. I knew I wanted to document my time with cancer and writing it down in the blog has been great. But my new physical appearance has been life changing too and my own pictures never did justice to show this side of cancer...The beautiful side. :) So what did my friends do? They helped me carry a cancer burden by stepping in and giving me a wonderful day of celebration and beauty. They surprised me by not only going with me to get my pictures taken, but by getting my make up professionally done, buying a new outfit, toasting to being done with chemo during lunch, and then off to a great photo session with the one and only Jessica Paxson Photography. We had to cancel a few times due to chemo, but these ladies didn't let me down and made me move forward with this type of documentation...even when I was unsure. Cancer isn't something you choose to get, but how you handle it is something you can choose. I chose to grab it and run with it, making it the best it can be. So here is to all of the bald women out there, even us who have that darn 20% stubble left! :) This one is definitely for YOU!!! Because if you have supportive friends, family, and a husband like me...bald really is beautiful. So go out there, get all glammed up, and take a picture of this time in your life! Even if you aren't bald, start documenting your life and see what your story is...and get your pictures taken by Jessica Paxson Photography, you will not regret it!

Tara, Laura, and Ashley...friends since the fourth grade! Ash-Ta-Loo!! :)

My husband and his bald wife ;)

There are so many more pictures to come that are just awesome...just wait!! :) Thank you Ashley, Tara, and Jessica! There are just not even enough Thank You's out there for how you girls took what looked like a bad situation, gave it a new beautiful perspective, and made me smile.

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME pics!! Laura, you look stunning...you have the best smile! Love and Prayers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are one of God's angels!

    A family member of mine gave me the link to your site and I've been reading it/crying for the past 2 hours after a long day in Columbus receiving my 10th of 12 Chemo treatments. I am 31 and was diagnosed with colon-cancer in April.

    I can totally relate to you and I am SO INSPIRED!

    My last 6 months seem completely surreal and I too am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family and friends.

    I admit I didn't read every one of your posts, but will be anticipating good news from your scans. I will be in the same boat in a few months.=(

    If you are at all interested, my blog is (http://alishafrostblog.blogspot.com/) and BTW yours makes mine look REALLY REALLY bad. I wish I had kept up with documenting this journey better, but my excuse is my 16 month old=) He is the best distraction in the world for the "c" monster.

    I hope that our paths will cross someday and we can offer support for one another. Living so close (we live outside of Wapak), we may even know the same people. God bless you for your courage and amazing attitude!

    I pray that you kick cancer's A**!!!!
    Not sure if you've heard of this, but I think I'm going to get one of these shirts....http://store.standup2cancer.org/shop.cfm/pk/category/ac/list/cid/400201 (random, but it was on my mind=)

    All the best!!
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Laura! I am so proud of you! Sending you love and prayers as always.

    ReplyDelete