Monday, November 8, 2010

The Pursuit...not only a story anymore, but now a Boat!

Wow, that was a rough couple of days there…but I’m glad to say that I am doing much better now! For some reason, the side effects lasted ALL day, for 3 days straight. I have never been down that long. When I say down, I mean I did not move from the couch...only to get my shots, go to the bathroom, and get Cooper out of trouble. It was rough. But Sunday, I woke up and it was gone! All the side effects were gone and I was able to move and be apart of civilization again! I was so glad to be able to see some friends for her daughter’s first birthday party and my other friend for her baby shower. Today I went to get my shot again (I get one more tomorrow, they are supposed to help make my levels all normal again), and I've been good so far...just don't want to be too far from a bathroom...oh the joys and realities of cancer! My blood pressure has been low the past few days, but they say it’s because my body has been through so much these past few months. I need to do what they tell me and just keep resting and recuperating so I can get back to the lifestyle I used to have. I also have to drink Ensure :) I’m such an old woman I tell ya! That is pretty much the update. I’m not allowed to go back to the kids yet. My body is still too fragile they say…but after Thanksgiving…HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!! That’s my plan anyways :) We’ll see what happens!

So here is the Chemo is Done present……WE BOUGHT A BOAT! Meet Pursuit!

Yes we did! So Andrew and I were pretty set on taking a cruise this Christmas break to celebrate my soon-to-be remission stage. However, a cruise only lasts 4 days...a BOAT can last years! So we decided to buy a boat and celebrate with a group of friends on a cruise sometime down the line. I'm thinking that We turned 30 cruise is still looking good right ladies?? :) So anyways, Andrew has had a fishing boat for a couple years now and we have always talked about upgrading when the time was right. I wanted to make sure we had the money to pay for it and make sure the timing was right for us. Now seemed as good as time as ever! I couldn't think of any 'why not's'...and we must LIVE right?! So thank you cancer for giving me the ambition to Live. Cause it could have been years before we ever bought a boat again with my pre-chemo brain that over analyzed everything :) Now however, with this boat, we can go water skiing (or at least try) and tubing and take it out on Lake Erie! I AM SO EXCITED FOR SUMMER!! And you should be too because you all are welcome ANYTIME! But the boat holds 7 people (and Cooper) so we can't all go at once :) This isn't our Yacht yet people!

Honestly, I have been very blessed in my life, and my only prayer is that somehow we can pay it forward and give you guys all a fun time out on the lake sometime this summer too. Really! I just want this boat to be a blessing not only in our lives, but in your lives too because you have all been such a blessing in my life. Thank you God for my many blessings in life and please let this boat, the Pursuit, be used as a tool to bless someone else too. You know, sometimes a nice day on the lake can do WONDERS for the mind and body. And docking the boat at Cranberries and getting some fried food isn't too bad either ;) I am happy to see light at the end of my tunnel and know that some of that light is the sun reflecting off the water as I sit and soak it in on the Pursuit...ahhhh, makes me smile! :)

My Loves...



"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain, American writer

5 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo excited for summertime. I can see us sitting at Cranberries now and boating the next morning!!! WE are so going to live it up next summer, we have a lot of catching up to do since this summer was spent on chemo. No more days to give away to chemo. YEA!!! Love you sis more and more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both so deserve that wonderful gift. About the turning 30 cruise, I think I missed that boat a long time ago...I've been trying to drag my anchor on that one with no luck...Now you have a lot of fun in the sun to look forward to. Take your time and totally heal. We miss you so much at work. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Loo! I'm am so excited, what a great summer it will be!!:) So happy for you and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not think of anyone that deserves that boat more than you and Andrew.............. Have lots of fun in the summer, and I have to agree with Melinda I am way beyond that 30 cruise.... Take care and take it easy, do not rush back to the kiddos, we want you to be healthy when you come back....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for the new boat!! I love the name. We will meet next summer at Cranberries,this time to CELEBRATE!! Love and Prayers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete