Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Drive-In Doosy!

The jaw pain is almost gone! And just around the same time as it did last round, too. So that means that tomorrow should be an even better day and by Thursday (garage sale day) I will be back to ‘normal’!! YEAH!!! I have been tired again these last few days, but that was to be expected because I’m in the rebuilding period. And especially since I am a busy body and can’t sit for too long, I just have to take short breaks, and then I am good to go again. The best thing is that I sleep like a BABY at night :) I feel so happy!

Today, my family was at my sister’s getting ready for the garage sale and I wish I would have had my camera! I had some Kodak moments for sure! So picture this…we took Cooper with us and Andrew found a baby carrier you put around your shoulders and a baby sits in it so your arms are free. Andrew put it on him and put Cooper in it…it was so funny! Then, Chloe was holding on to Cooper by his leash and next thing I know, she is sitting in a little cardboard box playing Santa Claus while Cooper is trying to pull her! It was SO CUTE!! I totally saw how God can use kids to make us laugh too! I forgot how much effort went into a garage sale though, and it was so hot. My hair is REALLY thin right now, so I wore a hat over it. But thank God for my awesome family because it was just so hot outside that I was able to take the hat off and feel somewhat comfortable around them (I'm not sure I'd ever be 100% comfortable with THIS hairstyle I'm sporting ;). Sarah tried to do something with what’s left of my hair, and we ended up just laughing about it. It feels good to laugh over it now. I realize that is how it is with most things in life that you shouldn't get too down about. It’s seems hard at first, but you ALWAYS laugh about it later. So don't fuss for too too long, Laura :) And hair isn’t that big of deal (unless you are me who really likes to match and coordinate outfits, and when you have to now accessorize with a hat…oh boy its a challenge! But my Moma comes through and rescues me when I need it. Thanks for the short notice shopping trip Moma!) And thanks for letting me have my emotional period these last few days. Like I said, it’s been a roller coaster and I’ve felt like I was on the down side of the coaster when my hair started falling out. My spirits are starting to get up again, like normal…but I wouldn’t be normal if I didn’t have those down days. And how can I be down for too long when I get 2 beautiful painted pictures from two very talented young ladies! Thank you girls!! Along with great friends, I really have the best family ever! They just make me laugh with this whole diagnosis and we make jokes to get through this time. I think that’s our family coping mechanism. Nothing Ever The Easy Way, right fam? So lets just laugh about it and have fun Living! It’s awesome…It works and it makes me feels better! Crazy!

This is me at the Drive-In tonight! I had all the essentials…a truck, a pickle and M&M snack, and a hot date :) Although my senses were in over load the first half of the night...it ended on a funny note! We went to Van Del and it's still hard to concentrate lately, I swear it has to be a chemo side effect, because I get so distracted and my thoughts and words get so jumbled up! Some of you know what I'm talking about :) So the extra distractions during the movie DID NOT help. My eyes were on overload from the strobe light show because of the heat lightning; and then the cars driving past about made me go blind from the headlights. The smell wasn't so great either. We were on the truck bed and since we were in the country, the nice country ‘air’ smell was heavy :) As if it isn't hard to breath already! I could also barely hear the movie because of the summer critter noises and the cars driving by and I spent most of the first movie feeling sweaty and swatting away mosquitoes! So I could honestly not tell you what the first movie was about. I was way to distracted. We wised up for the second movie and watched from the inside of the truck…much more enjoyable! I might have been a little hostile during the first movie because of my sensory overload, but from what I learned from the second movie was that when you are in love, you are hostile. So true at times! Sorry you had to bare with me through the first movie Andrew...I still love you!! :) Again, second movie...much, much better time and I was much happier being able to concentrate on ONE thing!

I haven’t been to a Drive-In movie in I don’t know HOW long and it brought back lots of memories for us. The last memorable time we went to a Drive In was in 2005 in Kenton when I flipped my car because of a deer on the way home! Another crazy story which makes me believe that guardian angels really do exist and that I wasn’t finished here on earth quite yet back then either. To make a long story short, I was on Reservoir Rd, about a mile out of Ada, when I swerved going really fast to miss a dead deer in the road (a 190 lbs. deer to be exact!). I re-corrected the car too much, slid into a ditch and flipped my car 3 times into a field full of burrs, landing on the driver's side door. Luckily, I was conscious with only a laceration on my head. The battery flew out of the car when it was tumbling, so when the car came to a stop, it was pitch black and I couldn't find my cell phone. I was in the country at 1:20 in the morning with blood all down my face, so I wasn’t thrilled about walking to the nearest house to get help. However, in that moment, Andrew became my hero because he text me, so my phone lit up on the passengers seat side. I was able to make the phone call to my dad because I found my phone…thank you Andrew! I crawled out of the back window because it had shattered and walked away, alive! The angels were looking out for me that night and God had bigger plans for my life than to take me in 2005! I'm sure He has bigger plans for me now too. So needless to say, I was watching out for deer tonight :)

P.S. So we ended our night on a funny note...about 2:15 in the morning I got out of the shower and decided my hair needed a trim (probably something I should have waited til I was WAY more awake to do!). This is how you know you're in love...my man helped me in my distress and redeamed me. Never did I think I would have my husband be razoring my hair! We didn't shave it, I just needed a reshape because of the amount of hair falling out and he is much better than I am...he proved it tonight by fixing my mess I made! Let's just say the vacuum cleaner got involved too...so at that point, it was time to call it a night and say goodnight :) I'm going to bed with a better looking hair cut than what I gave myself (you saved the day again Andrew :) and a smile on my face cause it was a memorable moment!! Oh boy...the week after chemo I think I just need to be watched 24/7 now :)

2 comments:

  1. Your humor is great, you really made me giggle. You are a brave woman for letting your hubby cut your hair! And, you must have an awesome hubby for being willing to cut it. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a reason we stopped going to drive ins! The DVD player on the LG big screen in the man cave works for us!!

    ReplyDelete