Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spoke too soon...again :)

Well, I spoke too soon. I.AM. TIRED.! I was go, go, go for three days and it caught up with me. I should have learned my lesson by now, so next time... MAKE me slow down after chemo, alright? :) Even though I feel ok mentally, my body always catches up with me. My jaw pain has turned into a sore throat and it is red and swollen. It is so tight and hard to breath sometimes because it feels like I swallowed 20 cotten balls! My tongue feels like it is three times its size, but my sis says it isn't swollen so that's the good news! I really thought I was having an allergic reaction or something...nope, just more side effects. I need to drink some tea tonight to help sooth it I think. And I'm up for anything so if you have any home remedies for sore throats, please let me know!
I went to church this morning and met my sis and her family there (I probably should have taken it easy and rested more, but I was feeling ok at the time and can't give up an opportunity to see my nieces and nephews ;), and had my aunt and cousin stop out with some yummy homemade goodies :) Then, Cooper and I took a nap for 3 hours!! I could have slept longer, but I got up and the pain had gotten worse. That's when I went to Sarah to check me out, just in case it was anything bad. So now, to bed I go and tomorrow is more rest! No exceptions, Laura! Thanks for understanding, I hate plans being staled because of my health. I want to do so much, just need to remember to take it a little bit slower during these weeks. HOWEVER...progress has been made with Kota and Cooper!!! Look at this, last night I was reading my book, AJ was playing his PlayStation, then the unthinkable happened...BOTH my cat and dog where on the SAME chair with me...no fighting (even though Kota is giving the evil eye)...I LOVE IT!!! Two thumbs up...If I had more thumbs, it would be more like 10 thumbs up!!
Night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. awwww Kota and Cooper are so cute and so nice they are cooperating...hehe! Take it easy girl, try to just veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that a teaspoon of straight honey helps soothe a sore throat. They make some pretty good cough drops that have benzocaine in it that numb the throat. Justin loves those things, called 'Cepacol' I think. I'm glad the union between cat and dog has been made. I don't think Cooper will fit on your chair for very much longer though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    I had just checked my work email... since I have not looked at it since 2nd wk of June.. I should be more professional.. but it's summertime and I was not thinkin of work! Sooo.. I have been out of the loop! I read all of your Blogs.. You are one Awesome Woman! We know the trials God puts us through is done for a reason! That is what keeps me strong through the new plan God has given us ..Sometimes it Stinks BAD but, we have Faith in our Heavenly Father! I am sorry I have not payed attn. to my email.. my prayers are with ya! You did a nice job picking out Cooper.. Labs (mixed or not), are the best Dogs ever. We have had our dog for little over 11 yrs. He was about 14mo. or so when we got him. We had a choc. lab before that. Cooper is a keeper. What a cutie! Kota is cute too. I will be getting your address sooon! At the end of all this, your positive attitude in this pursuit will prevail! HUGS..

    ReplyDelete