Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Bitter Sweet Summer

So many things are reminding me that my summer is almost over... the Allen County Fair, the cooler days and nights, and getting my school room ready are just some of those things. I love this time of year, but it is so bitter sweet. Bitter because my pool days, iced tea, naps under the shade tree, vacations, and sundresses are leaving me. But sweet because of the crisp air, football games, colorful leaves, and the fresh start of a new school year that fall brings. We all complain about Ohio, but there are some perks. We get to experience all four seasons and secretly get excited as each new one comes:) This summer was a little different because of my diagnosis and cancer isn't really summer friendly, kind of another bitter part to this past summer I guess ;) But I am already looking forward to NEXT summer for sure with a clean bill of health to take me on MANY adventures!! I get to end my summer with a date with my husband tomorrow and I'm gonna try out my new wig! Today I went to the fair and that is always a sure sign that summer is officially coming to an end...I'm so glad I got to share that with Alaina tonight! The best news ?!?! I got to eat an elephant ear!! YEAH!!!

So this third chemo treatment really got to me and I really hope that the fourth in two days is much nicer to me (especially since I start work soon). There really wasn't one day where I felt 100% this past round. Something was always bothering me whether it be my hair just hurting, a headache, my back pain, the nausea, my nose running (I think it's because I have no more nose hair to help...it all fell out! CRAZY!), my digestive system, or just being plain out tired. Never did I have a day that felt 'completely good' :( And right now, I think I'm having some kind of eye issue. It keeps getting redder by the day and it hurts to blink. It can't be allergy time already, can it?? I pray though that I will keep on schedule with treatment even though I haven't felt great...I would hate to get behind!

Look at BIG COOPER!! Cooper is getting so big and so active...and into everything! I thought he is such a good dog, there is no way that he would every destroy anything. Well, one pair of sandals have perished so far :) He really is a good dog though and I have to realize that he is still a puppy. He is starting to learn tricks now and is still a lot fun! He has definitely given me a reason to be happy this summer! I also got the chance to visit Union Chapel again this past Sunday. Amazing people who really know how to pray and have a relationship with God. They have prayed for me since the beginning of this all and I wanted to thank them so much for their continued support for Andrew and I. It was nice to go to his old church and sit with his mom during service. Sometimes things stick with you during services more than others...and this time it was something that had to do with money. It was three simple sentences...

GET all you can
SAVE all you can
GIVE all you can
I truly believe that you will be blessed when you work hard for your money, save what you can, and have a big giving heart. That's all people can ask of us right? But I also thought about this for life in general...ALL YOU CAN. Just do what you can, and if you work up to the peak of what you can, who can call you a failure? No one, because that's the best you've ever done when you always put forth the effort to do all or the best you can. I really have to learn this lesson before I go back to work :) If you can truly say you have given something your best effort or ALL THAT YOU CAN, than be happy, because that's all we can really do. Hope your summer was a blast ya'll! Thanks for helping me make mine the best it could really be!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with chemotherapy Thursday. . . And rest. We are supposed to remind you, right? Get a diet coke...and rest! Btw, allergies have started big time... And I have the same reaction to vicodin that you do...makes ya wonder why kids buy it for recreational drug use, doesn't it? Good luck w start of school too...don't push yourself too much, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a BLAST last night at the fair! I really enjoyed walking around with you and watching the super cool magic show, LOL! VEGAS someday babe :) See you Friday! Alaina :)

    ReplyDelete