Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Meet 'Moma Mia' Mazda

Like Mother, Like Daughter...

First of all, the video below works now!!! Please, if you haven't watched this dance to the song 'Fix You' yet, you need to watch it now. Just click right on the arrow and click on 'watch on YouTube', and listen to the judges comments at the end, too! It is SO moving and so inspirational and really makes you appreciate your mommy...and the picture up above is why I appreciate my mommy!! I GOT A NEW SUV! I've always dreamed of owning a SUV one day and I finally got one :) My moma loves me so much she let me buy her 2003 Madza from her which she LOVES!!! Our lease is up as you know, and we have been looking and so has my dad for a truck for the lake. Since they just got the Edge, my mom is gonna be styling in her NEWER car, dad gets his truck, and I have the Mazda which I have ALWAYS loved! I love when we pray and things just work out...God is good! And aren't parents just the best?!? Always putting your needs before their own :) One day I hope to be like them and will repay them...I guess they just won't have to go to the nursing home so quick now! ;) Just Kidding!! LOVE YOU Mom and Dad and would do anything for you!!! So Moma Mia is going to sit next to Andrew's big Studly Silverado truck in the drive way and I couldn't be happier.
Being a preschool teacher and owning a SUV is a must. We switch out toys so often and I am SO excited to not have a trunk anymore, but a door to open and put everything in! You would have to be a teacher to know what I'm talking about...sometimes we LIVE out of our trunks :) Speaking of...I went to work today to put my room back together with my mom, and it got me excited, anxious, and nervous. My mind is ready to get this year started, but I think my body is saying 'lets take it a day at a time'. After just two hours of work, I'm tired. But I shouldn't complain! So many people out there do not have a job right now and I almost feel guilty for taking a prayer slot and filling it with this request. But if you could, please pray for this upcoming school year for me. For the physical strength to work, the stubborn part in me to let go and ask for help when I need it, and that we can touch 'God's little spys' one more year :) Thank you friends and family. I love the goody bag sent my way from my favorite ladies ;) I love the cards and visits with such wonderful words of encouragment, and yummy suppers, and most of all your prayers. You have been a CONSTANT strength for me during this diagnosis, keeping me positive, strong, and motivated! Now, if I can just carry this attitude into my work life that starts again here in the two weeks...

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."




This was taken from what I wrote a few weeks ago about this video...
Ok, so this dance brought me to tears! My mom said how good it was and I watched it once, then twice…then came home and YouTube’d it. If anyone out there wants to say that dance is not inspirational after seeing this, they are crazy! The dancers are from the show called So You Think You Can Dance and the song is by Cold Play called Fix You. Travis Wall, the choreographer, made up this dance to represent his mom after her surgery and how he felt. They are dancing, but also telling a story through their dance about a person who is trying to so hard to fix their loved one. When I relate this dance and words back to my life...I am completely moved by it. Maybe Andrew and I could take up dancing after this! Just Kidding Andrew! (he has to put his foot down somewhere :) Maybe it will touch you somehow like it touched me :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the dance, no matter how many times I watch it. Love the car- go Laura and go Barb! She is such an awesome mom, you have a great teacher. Speaking of teaching, good luck with this year, I'm sure the kids will take your mind off things and you will find the stregnth.

    ReplyDelete