Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...It's Back to the Chair I Go!

Just when I think I'm up...I'm right back down. 'Too good to be true' is probably the saying here. Last night, I had trouble once again falling asleep and it was back to the chair I go. I am having very weird feelings in my chest. Andrew told me it is probably because the chemo is working and my lungs are getting used to having room again. Its still hard to take a deep breath and on top of that, the port is still giving me some problems. I'm wondering if it is sitting on a nerve or something because I get these sharp pains, more so at night. So last night, I couldn't sleep in bed and I was back to the chair. My port felt much more comfortable, but man did I wake up with pains in my back at 5:45 am. I have a knot where the bone marrow procedure was done, so I had to lay on the couch with a heating pad for awhile. Andrew helped me though of course :) He left for work at 6:30 am but before he did, he made me take my pills and drink some water. The mornings are the worst for my throat and jaw too. Still so sore. But the wonderful pills helped me fall back asleep this time and I was feeling much much better when I woke up. I'm coming to accept that this is going to be one roller coaster of a ride! Good thing I like thrills!






I wanted to share this YouTube video with you though!

Ok, so this dance brought me to tears! My mom said how good it was and I watched it once, then twice…then came home and YouTube’d it. If anyone out there wants to say that dance is not inspirational after seeing this, they are crazy! The dancers are from the show called So You Think You Can Dance and the song is by Cold Play called Fix You. Travis Wall, the choreographer, made up this dance to represent his mom after her surgery and how he felt. They are dancing, but also telling a story through their dance about a person who is trying to so hard to fix their loved one. When I relate this dance and words back to my life...I am completely moved by it. Maybe Andrew and I could take up dancing after this! Just Kidding Andrew! (he has to put his foot down somewhere :) Maybe it will touch you somehow like it touched me :)
It might not play from here, but just allow the pop up and it should work. If not, take the time to visit this website http://vimeo.com/13394142 SO WORTH IT!!!!

P.S. I wanted to tell you guys about a new little place my friend Courtney took me to today. It's called Heavenly Stitches and its on the corner of Greely Chapel and Hanthorne Rd. It's the neatest little fabric store and has tons of cool things! I think I might be picking up a new hobby here soon!

4 comments:

  1. I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance for weeks now,,and last week was a very emotional night after that dance.I was very touched by it too.Going to start now at 8:00,so I will be watching the show,and hope Kent Boyd will do ok,and will get to stay on.He is really good,but so are the rest of the dancer's.Remember,if we can do anything for you and Andrew,just call.I am keeping up on your blog,so I know what all you are going through.Keeping you in our thoughts and prayer's all the time.Love Ya,,,,Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've listened to that song for a long time now... on and on again... thinking of a friend of mine who suffers from depression... and seeing it like this is just amazing! Thanks for sharing this video Laura, it is just so heart warming. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura - I get to have my port put in on Tuesday - I'm excited to have it so that I don't have to keep getting poked all the time! No, I never have had jaw pain....what med did they say that was from?? I haven't had the Bleo, so maybe that will do it. Anyways, hope you feel better soon and can sleep in your bed again soon!!

    ReplyDelete