Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ode to my Tumor

So I couldn't go without sharing with you all a little poem I wrote for my little monster friend who will be leaving my body soon.
Tomorrow is the big day my little friend...so this one's for you, Monster...
Dearest Monster
I know you are at home
But I'm afraid it's time to leave.
The time has come, and I know...
I've given you so little time to grieve
So please pack up your cancer cells,
And take them out with you.
And pick up your little friend in my neck,
Cause he can go with you, too.
Please don't be sad as you work your way out.
Cause it was my battle to win from the start.
But don't worry, cause I'll always remember you
Your legacy will live in my heart.
Let's cut out the 'See ya later's'
And lets just say 'Good-Bye'.
Cause my Little Monster....
This was one heck of a ride!
Tomorrow starts the beginning of my chemotherapy treatment and new health.....
HIP HIP HURRAY!!!! (as my daddy used to say :o)
Love and prayers you all!
Good Night :)
Laura

9 comments:

  1. haha! you are hilarious. you go girl! love you - ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura - sorry I haven't kept up with your blog - I went and had my baby last week. :) So, I just read all of your posts - I seriously wish we lived closer b/c we are going through VERY similar things. I LOVE your poem. :) I hope and pray that chemo goes well for you today. I'm also praying for you guys and the fertility thing - if it makes you feel any better, my OB was talking to me about it and he said that many young women have about 5 years of infertility and then it comes back. So, not knowing exactly how old you are, but I think that would still work for you. I also know a couple of women that have had Hodgkins, gone through chemo, and have had multiple babies after, so there is hope. Anyways, I'm thinking about you today - be prepared for a sleepless night tonight after all of the steroids. Much love from wisconsin - Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there my sweet LoLa -- I am now officially caught up on your blog. Thanks for sharing! You are truly an insipration! I will continue to pray for you. Much Much love! -- Apey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!!! I hope that you chemo treatment went smoothly today. We are continuing to pray for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Go Laura! Hope you had a good day today and the first day of treatment went well! Love you- Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I love it -- you are so wise! You need to print this blog and publish it! Your poem is awesome. . . and SO healing!!!!!!!!!!! Laura, you just rock!!! :-) Henni

    ReplyDelete
  7. You was on my mind all day today wandering how your first chemo treatment was going.Now that you had your first one,you will know what to expect after this.You sure have had a rough week with everything that has gone on,but you came through like a real trooper,and after reading your blog,still able to have some laughs,just keep it up.I like Matthew 6 verse 34,"So don't be anxious about tomorrow,God will take care of your tomorrow too".Live One Day At A Time.This has helped me out a lot.You sure are good at writing your blog,and then that cute poem.You should go into the writing business.I want you to let me know how I can help you during these times.Alway's keeping you in our thoughts and prayer's.Love you!!!God Bless Alway's.Grandma and Grandpa too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem. Laura, you are such an inspiration and I know that God's definitely got you in His hands! I pray for you every day, Facebook friend :) Keep up your optimism, you are so strong and brave!!

    ReplyDelete