Thursday, July 22, 2010

The One Week Review

FAITH- without faith nothing is possible. With faith nothing is impossible!

This was on a plate I received from the parents of some friends of mine and it is so true. Faith has gotten me to this point right now, one week after my first chemo treatment, and let me say... LIFE has found me well these past 2 days! I now do not have to wear anything over my port anymore and it is healing up very well. And believe it or not, the port is not being a pain in my you know what much anymore! Taking off my shirts are much easier, showering is easier, and sleeping is easier. God hears prayer people...you gotta try it! Last night, I went to bed in my own bed and woke up in my own bed! Such an accomplishment, you have no idea! And sleep...I'm getting more of it at night...Hallelujah I can hear the angels singing! Today (Thursday), I woke up feeling good and I'm about to go to bed feeling good. So I'm thinking that it takes about a week for my body to bounce back from a chemo treatment. Now, if I am out and about during the day, by about 7:00 pm I'm starting to feel like shutdown mode, and just know its time for a bath, good book or movie, and to settle down. So I'm no party animal yet people ;) But really, being active during this is so worth it. Now sometimes I need more persuasion to get out of the house on some days than other days (Thanks sis for MAKING me get out). Like yesterday, I had no good reason to stay at home, other than I wanted to read my book and just chill. But my sister called and TOLD me I was going with her to swim at my aunts house. Good thing, I COMPLETELY enjoyed myself more than I ever would at home reading a book, even if I was fully clothed and under an umbrella :) Chemo and sun are not on the 'together list' like peanut butter and grape jelly or noodles and mashed potatoes :) My new beach attire... instead of a swim suit and beach towel, an umbrella and sunhat...



My sis Sarah and I and above me with my niece and nephew :)

So needless to say... after the first week of chemo...I still have a smile on my face :) So now that I am feeling almost like my old self for the upcoming week, I am happy that my new attitude towards life has still remained the same. God is still first, my family second, and everything else is side by side on the list of importance. I'm DREAMING big, PRAYING hard, and LIVING like crazy!! I am getting kinda excited because I have some BIG plans (well, to me they are big plans :) coming up here in the near future...but you'll just have to wait a bit to hear :o)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got some sunshine even if it wasn't direct sunshine. Can't wait to hear all about your big plans.
    *hugs*
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better:) But you sure know how to keep people hanging....can't wait to hear your big news!! Hope it still means we will see you on a regular basis. We would really miss that gorgeous smile of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nerd. I wouldn of retaken the pic if i knew it was going on here. LOL Had fun in the sun with you.......well shade as you were poking me in the eye with the umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete