Thursday, October 21, 2010

Answered Prayer!

Isaiah 58:11
The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters never fail.


Oh my gosh, I’m not kidding when I say how amazing it is to see the ongoing work being done in our lives. Things happen in our lives to mold and shape us, and I just got a new reshaping again! I went to bed last night feeling like I was in million different places. Like you couldn’t tell from my last emotional roller coaster blog post, right? :) I just felt sick from the cold, being home, and my lungs and just a huge AUGH!-slump your shoulders in defeat, kind of feeling not knowing where my life was headed. However, today is a new day and when you walk with God, it truly is as simple as ask and you shall receive! I found this verse today and it’s crazy how God reveals Himself in times of need. I have been so blessed to be apart of not only one small group, but two this fall. And in one of them, a prayer was answered yesterday. Like a check came in the mail kind of answered prayer, it was awesome. So after hearing that answered prayer, I prayed to God last night for more direction since I seem so scatterbrained. And today I came upon this verse, and then I went to visit my kids at school (and pick up a few things) and WoW…there is nothing like a hug from a preschooler! Literally when the kids saw me, I was surprised that they remembered me first off, then they came running in my arms. It was so cute, the first boy to walk in the room had just started his first day of school when I left. So I wasn’t sure if he would remember me or not. However, he walked up to me and said ‘Can I hug you?’ Are you kidding?? At that point I was like ‘Can I hug you, you little sweet tart you!?!?!’ It melted my heart! It was the best feeling…I felt needed and wanted. And that was exactly what I was searching for. Those kids are my purpose in life right now and how easily I forgot that when I started thinking about myself. I didn’t realize how much we both needed each other until today. Once again, I have found a new appreciation for my job and coworkers. We lose focus of it sometimes, but today made me remember why I love teaching. So today, I feel again like my bones are getting stronger and I am like that growing garden that is being watered like a spring, instead of like the rotting, water deprived veggie I was feeling like yesterday. :) With an ongoing supply of water from the Lord, I feel like I can be open to the opportunities that He gives me because its opportunity to expand my boundaries.

I do have another request…I truly believe that our God can heal and answer our prayers. I would love more than anything to not have to do radiation after my chemo treatments. It’s not likely that with my kind of caner they go without doing it, but I believe that anything is possible. I have chemo next week, then a week of recovery, and then a CT scan to see the tumors growth. Wouldn’t it be awesome if they looked at that scan and said, ‘We don’t know why, but there is nothing there!’ I would be over the moon to know that this part of my life is complete. To know that the next step is just follow up appointments and a few medications. If it is needed though, I will definitely do what is necessary to get rid of these cancer cells and be healthy again. But if it doesn’t happen, then there must be more lessons to learn, and you and I both know I will search hard to find them, I don’t give up too easily. :)

1 comment: