Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Week Delight!

Oh I just love these good weeks! I feel SOOO much better this week. I can honestly say that I have almost NO symptoms and it’s wonderful to feel complete again. I’m so thankful for not being sick anymore and really cherish these good weeks. But then uhhh… in 3 more days it all starts over again. But I only have 2 treatments left!!! WAAHOOO!!!! I’m SOOO ready to get over this stage of my life and MOVE THE HECK ON!! I miss working (can you believe it!) but I’m listening to my coworkers and relaxing and enjoying (as much as I can) the time off before I head back in November. I don’t think I could just stay home all the time, I would have to do something to keep me occupied. I have kept busy by reading some books that have been awesome (almost done with The Maker's Diet..I've detoured into other books so I'm slacking... so I'll have my book review soon ;) and I have been avoiding the laundry and dishes like the plague. I just can't ever get motivated to do them. People tell me the 'wanting to work' thing changes after having babies, so maybe one day I will stay home again. But for now, I’m ready to keep making money to support all of my adventures!! :)

The weather has been awesome too. We had Andrew’s brother and sister out this weekend and it was great to eat at the Thai restaurant with their mom and then head down to the lake for some R and R. And I played fetch with Cooper today. He does so good with that now. Just look how big he is getting! He is the best risk I've taken! And Kota is staying around my house a little longer...she found her spot back on the bed, so I think she's done being mad at me :) The weather has just been so nice and I’m trying to be out as much as possible before the weather really starts getting bad. I love these 80 degree days in October. However I think they are messing with my chest. It’s nothing to worry about, but I’m still having some pressure in my chest when I take a deep breath. Just something to make sure to tell the doc. My chemo date got changed back to Thursdays now that I’m not working so keep this next treatment in prayer. I’m not looking forward to it in the least bit! I just have to say, I have the best Cancer Crew out there. You all have shown your support for my recovery since Day 1. And it hasn’t stopped. I feel very loved so thank you. I’m not sure you will ever know how much it means, but you have all really stepped up to help in the down times of life. You’ve made cancer not so mean :)

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I am so glad you have found ways to rest and relax.You will get a kick out of this.....Mark said our love movie is "Ma and Pa Kettle go to Hollywood." Now if you don't know who that is.....ask your grandparents!

    ReplyDelete