Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a Card Bombardment can do!

I just can't believe that it is that time already. Can it really be time to do my SEVENTH ROUND of chemo?!?! WOW!! This time around, I am just anxious. I don't want to feel the side effects :( God love chemo for getting rid of tumors, but man do the side effects really have to go with it?? Oh well, just teaches me I'm human. This time, I will be recovering at my parents house because Andrew is helping them out with their house outside, I really don't know what he's doing because I kinda stopped paying attention to that conversation...I'm such a girl :) But I think it has something to do with spouting...anyway, I'm way off topic! So I will be curled up on their couch with my Fritos and a movie if anyone needs me :)

So I just have to say something...you guys are awesome. I mean seriously, seriously, awesome. I have to thank one special person right now for what she started way back in July. I have never heard of this until I finally started catching on...but Andrew's cousin Krysti, who I have been friends with since the day I met her years ago did something very creative. She basically started a card bombardment. I swear, she contacted everyone she knew since the day she was born and told them to send me a card in the mail. I'm not kidding!! Now, you know you love going to the mail box and you smile when you see something other than a bill or junk mail. These past few months I have been so touched by the amount of people who have sent me encouragement literally throughout this WHOLE diagnosis. I used to never like cards, I would always forget to buy them so I would make my own birthday or Valentines Day card (even did the whole newspaper wrapping paper too...I hate buying wrapping paper!). However, you have converted me and shown me it's not about the card, it's about what a simple card in the mail can do to a girl who is sick. Literally, waiting for that mailman to pull up between the hours of 2:30-3:30 was the highlight of my day. At that moment it was like I got a glimpse of hope again, a restored strength, and a 'God thing' was happening. I mean...JUST LOOK AT ALL OF THESE CARDS!!! And not ONE of them is the same.



I have learned more bible verses and words of encouragement in my time of suffering than I ever have in my life. I just want to say thank you to all of you who have such a compassionate heart and have sent a card to me lately. Not just Krysti's clan, but ALL of you who sent a card because you CARE. You have no idea what its like to have a down day, and then look at a wall of people who care about you. Not many people can say that they have had that experience. I have cards from all kinds of people, people I don't even know (yes that means you bologna and birthday card person! And yes it did taste like a donut ;) I know you are from Georgia, but you gotta tell me who you are one day!!)
You guys, when I 'm at home all day, you give me a piece of socialization so I don't go insane and I love you for that. I have been shown more compassion and selflessness from you all. At some point in your day, you put me before yourself and you will be rewarded in Heaven for your graciousness towards others, epically when you have reached out to them in need. I don't deserve it, but I am truly grateful for it. And I haven't forgotten about all of you other people who have made suppers, sent FB messages, texts, gifts, your prayers, and your blog comments. I still can't figure out how you guys leave comments, I can't even figure it out! But thank you. I don't care if people are reading this blog or not, I have it out there for anyone to hear the story of my Pursuit through a dumb disease called cancer. But more importantly, I have it out there for me because I can't sleep at night if all of these thoughts are in my head :) Thanks for following along with me, supporting me, encouraging me, praying for me, putting up with me, and loving me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Andrew has quite the shoes to fill after all of this is done and over with :)
Me and my KG...love ya girl...thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Laura!!! You have so many cards. I love cards. As a matter of fact the bookman who sets stuff up in our workroom came in today and he has a beautiful set of cards for all occasions-30 cards for $20. I am in. I am happy to hear Andrew is going to be doing some outside work at your dads. Sometimes we just want to give him a swift kick in the butt for doing things himself that will hurt his back. I hope that your chemo went well today. I am sure about now you probably aren't feeling to well. I want you to know that you are still in my prayers all of the time. Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Hope chemo went well yesterday and you're getting plenty of rest. Take it easy . You're close to being done now-You're on the "home stretch"!! I wish you well. Patsy

    ReplyDelete