Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear God,

Dear God,

Hey there. It’s me, but You already know that. So it's finally here, almost five months later, it's here! I am just going to be honest because You would know if I was lying. I’m not scared about tomorrow because I know what’s coming with the chemo treatment. My LAST chemo treatment. That just makes me happy to say that. But the one thing I am uneasy about is all the unanswered questions I have. I’m nervous to hear the answers because You know how I am a planner and I’m afraid that what the doc tells me will not be in my plans. But I know that it’s not my plans anyway. They are Your plans for me. But God, I don’t want radiation and I do want to go back to work next Friday. Please help me to be open and understanding to what the doctor has to say. Help me to understand the reasoning behind his decisions for me and the next few weeks of this Pursuit. I know I can come to You and ask anything in your name, so please heal my lungs back to their full capacity. They hurt when I breath deeply God and I know that’s not normal. Lord, I'm not scared anymore. I'm almost healed from cancer and I deeply thank You for that. I wanted more in my life, but I didn't want to be selfish and ask for more time. Thank You for giving me more time to do Your work and not taking me home to be with You yet. I pray that I never take the extra time You gave me for granted. We are all on borrowed time God. Let me not waste it on harsh words and meaningless activities. Let me be a blessing in Your name as a gift back to You. Lord I pray that I keep my focus throughout the rest of my treatment plan no matter what it is. Because as it says in Proverbs, a man’s spirit can sustain his broken body, but when spirit dies, what hope is left? Please sustain the spirit I have had throughout this whole process. I know that is the only way I have survived this so far. Don't let me get down now. May we remember that You are the God of hope who can fill us with all joy and peace because we trust in You. Thank You for being the Ultimate Healer in my life and being my bridge to total happiness and health in Heaven. I’m so ready for the day when there are no more tears to fall down this face...but not just yet, let me have a baby or two first. Thank you for Your sacrifice and for forgiving me of my shortcomings time and time again.

Amen.

Oh yeah, there are a lot of prayers out there for me. God, I pray with faithfulness and thanksgiving that you will reveal Yourself and bless each and everyone of these people who have prayed for me one way or another. Thanks God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Laura Loo:) You are my inspiration, always have always will, i love you:) -ash

    ReplyDelete