Friday, October 8, 2010

A Beautiful Chaotic Love Story - Starring Andrew and Laura (coming soon to a theater near you)

So what does a woman with cancer do on a Friday night when their hubby is working??? What every other woman on earth does when they are alone on a Friday night…watch a romantic comedy that the hubby would never watch with her sweatpants/big T on, hot drink in hand, and apple cider candle burning :)

Truth is, I love a good love story. I love happy endings. Even more so when I'm sick, cause I'm more emotional and love the love story even more. Someone in my life once said that life is not like the movies so stop trying to make it one (you know who you are! ;). But actually, we all do have a love story…all we have to do is pick up our pen and write it down. You may just surprise yourself with what you discover about your love.
Are you a Will and Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean and love your husband so much that you would wait every 10 years to see your husband just once? Are you intense and live for the edge action like John and Jane in Mr. and Mrs. Smith? Are you Johnny and Baby from Dirty Dancing…a romance that was forbidden from the start yet destined to happen? Here’s what we are…
We are Andrew and Laura from Our Life-A Beautiful Chaotic Love Story. We have made our own love story with our drama filled lives that include action packed adventures, ex’s drama, breaking the rules suspense, laugh ‘til you pee your pants comedy, and cry ‘til you pass out tragedies. We do not need to compare ourselves to movie couples because our own love story could make a million dollars...not a Box Office Hit…just one million :) He has given me every dream I've ever asked for and protected me in every situation I thought I couldn't handle. Every story needs a climax and right now, ours has been this past summer with cancer…I was the damsel in distress and Andrew was my hero. You will not always have the opportunity to have a hero like Robin Hood where he shoots an arrow to save you (although you and I both know we have thought at least once about how we would have loved to have been Maid Marian and have Kevin Costner lick that feather arrow and shoot it through his bow to save us, with of course the song 'Everything I do, I do it for You' playing in the background ;) But I was lucky. I found my hero at just the right time. It wasn’t Spiderman or Wolverine like my dreams might have liked, but I got something better…I got a fireman named Andrew :)

So we may have love lives that are as messed up as Jack and Lucy in While You Were Sleeping, or like Danny and Sandy in Grease... but you know what, somehow it all works out in the end. It always works out in the end in the good movies...but that doesn't mean they didn't go through the crap in life to get there. I’m so happy with the love story I have today, but if I wasn't, I would have the strength to use the eraser and write something new. Be strong and do the same. Make your love story the best one it can be. Dream. Take chances, explore together, don't stop dating, try new things, that’s what makes the best love stories. Kiss in the rain, better yet, have your first kiss be in the rain (from experience I can say it makes a great memory ;) And most of all, have God involved. It never goes wrong there. I want to remember every moment of my life from now on, so I encourage you to write down your moments in life that are like the movies. You won’t regret it. When you are sad someday, you'll be able to look back on a time in your life that was RADICAL and remember that movie moment...and smile :) And smiling is good... it is the first sign to people around you that you are enjoying Life. And they will wonder what your secret is. The secret is the story...


Hollywood Couple Halloween 2009 - Forrest and Jenny Gump
‘My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on. And that's all I have to say about that.’ –Forrest Gump


Jenny: Why are you so good to me?
Forrest: You're my girl!
Jenny: [pause] I'll always be your girl.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pic! You guys are soo AWESOME!!!! Love and Prayers! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an amazing writer Laura, I could seriously read your stuff all day...you should seriously consider a book,I'd buy it!
    Love ya, Tara Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your love story could actually be a best-selling novel!!Love the inspiration you share with everyone. Life is like a box of chocolates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Laura. Your new career is WRITING the screen plays or novels! I would keep reading every chapter of your books. And you would be so rich like Nicholas Sparks that you could go the island of your choice anytime you wanted to "get away" with your love!
    I am going to ask Mark what movie our love story is and I am sure it will be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, girlfriend, I'm with Linda on this one --- you have your new career - writing!!! Really. You could start by publishing The Pursuit. Then, fly from there! You're a brilliant writer. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura-Your writing is truly inspirational. It is entertaining and funny sometimes, and other times it is very thought provoking and really makes one think about their own life and the many facets of our own lives. You always make me stop and reflect and think about how important it is to make time for yourself, think about others and this love story----really made me stop and think about my own love story. Your idea about writing things down so you can look back on them later is a great one! Although I have never met Andrew, he seems to be the perfect knight in shining armor. God bless you both Laura. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete