Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Jinxed Myself!

My original Last Chemo Cookies became ' Let's celebrate the thought of last chemo next week' cookies :)

I was so worried about my future plans last night that I forgot to worry about the present plans! I sure am glad I prayed yesterday for understanding of what the doctors would tell me today of what the plan is. Because today at my oncology appointment, nothing went the way I thought or planned it would go! I thought today that I would have chemo, well, I jinxed myself. I took cookies in to the Cancer Center today to celebrate my last day of chemo and then they dropped the bomb on me. They did my blood work and the results came back to show that both my red and white blood cell counts are too low to have treatment. My body needs more time to recover from the last treatment in order to handle the chemo drugs this treatment. Then they also told me that my liver enzymes were too high and the tightness in the chest was just icing on the cake to say ‘Let’s play it safe and wait ‘til next week.’ In the mean time, I have to go in tomorrow and on Saturday to get a Neupogen shot. It is kinda like the Neulasta shot but a lower dosage. It will help me bounce back faster and get my white blood cells levels back to normal again in order to have chemo next Thursday. I got one shot already today and it made me get sick. Go figure, I’m that messed up that I get sick when I DON’T have chemo.:) I felt better as the day went on though, just very, very tired. Right now I can hardly think straight, but I wanted to let you know what was going on. So as it is nice to have a plan for the future, most of the time it doesn’t end up working out the way you planned anyways. So I'm learning as it says in Matthew to worry about the present, not the future. Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. True that.

My last day of chemo happy face...and then my...

'What the heck just happened, now what?' face

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for the big disappointment, Laura! Will be praying now that those shots do their job this week. Love you. Mama G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Laura. I know you were disappointed about your blood counts but ,as you know, that's why they check your blood all the time-to make sure it's safe to give chemo vs. holding it.Your body just needs an extra week to recuperate. Get plenty of rest. Patsy

    ReplyDelete